We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Portugal with Car and Hotel Requirements

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 42
Travelling from Portugal with Car and Hotel Requirements

We will be travelling from Tavira, Portugal by car to stay one night in Seville. We therefore require a hotel with pre bookable parking which is easy to find (we will have sat nav but dont want to get lost in the narrow one way streets). Assuming hotel is not right in the centre, we would also require good transport links to the centre. What would our options be?

Also, we noticed that Sunday nights appear to be cheaper. Are all attractions still open on a Sunday and will the city still have the same ambience? We would rather pay more if Sunday was not a good option (early May).

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

thanks

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
1. Re: Travelling from Portugal with Car and Hotel Requirements

As you will be arriving from the west then I would say that a hotel like Becquer is good and should be perfectly easy to find. Also you can walk to the old city sights easily enough. Take a look at the reviews ?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187443-d236091…

Fridays and Saturdays are so popular in Seville for visiting whereas already by Sunday the party shall we say is over. But of course there is plenty to do and especially in May when you can enjoy the warm evenings outside. Many public museums in Spain tend to close on Mondays because they have been open all weekend but for the major ones like Real Alcazar it will be open. http://www.alcazarsevilla.org/

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,531
2. Re: Travelling from Portugal with Car and Hotel Requirements

Sharsco:

I always stay at the Hotel Becquer because they have parking and it is walkable to the Cathedral and Alcazar.

Most sights are open on Sundays, but many stores will be closed on that day.

May is a wonderful time to visit Seville.

Scotland
3. Re: Travelling from Portugal with Car and Hotel Requirements

thanks for the advice. I will check prices for Hotel Bequer and looking forward to our visit already!

Scotland
4. Re: Travelling from Portugal with Car and Hotel Requirements

Many thanks for the hotel and museum tips. The reviews of Hotel Bequer are all positive and I am sure it would suit our needs. Hopefully it isn't overly expensive.

Reply to: Travelling from Portugal with Car and Hotel Requirements
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted