We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Seville, via Malaga?

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 3
London to Seville, via Malaga?

Hello!

We are travelling to Seville in April. We have been looking at flights and it seems cheapest to fly to Malaga and then get the train to Seville- does this seem sensible/cost effective? I have read that it is approx 2hr 30min from Malaga to Seville.

Our apartment is in Triana- when we arrive at the Seville station, is this an easy journey or would we need to take a cab/bus to get to our lodgings

Thanks in advance for your advice :)

11 replies to this topic
South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: London to Seville, via Malaga?

Trains Malaga airport to Malaga renfe.com/viajeros/…index.html

*Trains Malaga to Seville www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Taxi from Seville train station to Triana cost about 14 euro

Flights London to Seville www.easyjet.com www.ryanair.com

*Renfe trains from Seville to Cadiz, Jerez and Cordoba.

Bus Seville to Ronda www.samar.es/horarios/nacional

www.sevillaonline.es www.andalucia.com www.turismoderonda.com

Edited: 6:19 pm, January 29, 2014
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,492
2. Re: London to Seville, via Malaga?

redness:

There is an inexpensive train from Malaga to Seville.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

You need to take a taxi to Triana, as it is not walkable.

Sheffield
reviews: 93
3. Re: London to Seville, via Malaga?

We are paying less than £50 each to fly by Ryanair from Stansted to Seville in late March. How does that compare?

If going as you suggest, you will need to travel from Malaga airport into town to the railway station. No great problem though. Your luggage will be X rayed at the station, like the airport, though no liquids restriction.

If you are over 65, you can get big rail fare discounts if you buy the senior railcard (Tarjeta Dorada) for, I think, 6 Euro.

All the train information you need is on Seat61.com

London, England
reviews: 64
4. Re: London to Seville, via Malaga?

You can fly direct from London to Seville, so why go to Malaga? Ryanair from Stansted or Easyjet from Gatwick. I believe Ryanair are also starting a service from LGW.

West Yorkshire
reviews: 7
5. Re: London to Seville, via Malaga?

I have flown from Gatwick direct to Seville, before now. It isn't a new route.

Only happened to do it, because I was already in London. From the North of England, there are no Ryanair flights any more.....so it has to be into Malaga and on to Seville via train or bus.

London, England
6. Re: London to Seville, via Malaga?

But it seems like the OP is based in London.

london
reviews: 3
7. Re: London to Seville, via Malaga?

Thanks for all the feedback guys! mucho appreciated :) Going to research the options suggested and see what we come up with...

x

London, England
8. Re: London to Seville, via Malaga?

jaybee

The Ryanair flight to SVQ is a new route they only flew from STN before. I go to SVQ at least once or twice every year, so check out the flights.

West Yorkshire
reviews: 7
9. Re: London to Seville, via Malaga?

I wonder if Ryanair took the flight from Gatwick off, then reinstated it? I definitely used that route in April 2012.

Unless you mean that 2012 constitutes being a new route and then I stand corrected! :-)

As my daughter lives in Seville, I go regularly, too...and was disappointed when flights from the North of England were cancelled. Hence me having to fly to Malaga and get the train or bus up.....(or hope that my daughter feels kind and comes down to Malaga to collect me!!)

yorkshire
reviews: 101
10. Re: London to Seville, via Malaga?

I looked at the East Mids to Malaga option but to be honest by the time we added the cost of trains, taxis etc. plus precious time you loose with the journeys there and back, the waiting around I just ended booking straight to Seville.

We are only going for 4 nights though so we don't want to waste time travelling too much, we just want to get there and start exploring. Plus we are having to travel from Yorkshire to Stansted to catch the flight so it was just the better option for us.

I would fly to Malaga if we were staying longer and would include a nights stay there before heading to Seville.

The journey from Seville airport to the centre is quick, cheap and simple.

I really wish there were still flights from the north like there used to be.

Edited: 5:10 pm, February 02, 2014
Reply to: London to Seville, via Malaga?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted