We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andalusia for 14 day

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 1
Andalusia for 14 day

Hello everyone,

I am going on my first trip to spain for 14 days in andalusia with my mom, I was just wondering if you had any suggestions for small cities that are often overlooked close to either sevilla, granada or Malaga?

Thank you:)

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Andalusia for 14 day

Rent a a car and enjoy the Andalucian white villages www.andalucia.com/villages/home.htm

Car rental www.auto-europe.com

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

Non EU citizens require an International driving permit for Spain

Trains from Seville to Cordoba and Cadiz www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Buses Seville to Ronda www.samar.es/horarios/nacional to Carmona www.alsa.es

www.sevillaonline.es

www.andalucia.com

Edited: 7:47 pm, October 28, 2013
Port Saint Lucie...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
reviews: 12
2. Re: Andalusia for 14 day

As sad, travel into the white villages, soooo much fun. Cadiz Old Town and beach, Jerez for a bodega tour, Arcos for the beauty. You can leave Jerez and go though Arcos and into Ronda, and it is a beautiful drive.

Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 21
3. Re: Andalusia for 14 day

My family has just returned from Andalucia for 14 days and loved it. If you are going to stay in smaller villages, it would be best to hire a car with a GPS and you will need an international drivers licence. Our first small village was a one of three Berber villages near Granada called Pampaneira (although Capilleira is a little bigger and has some lovely restaurants). The second was a gorgeous village called Gazelema where we stayed in a delightful B'n'B called la Mejorana. The views from Grazelema are superb and the bushwalking is spectacular (some walks require permits from the El Bosque tourist info). We based ourselves here to do a bushwalk and to visit Ronda which is about 30-40 minutes away. We also stayed in a great B'n'B in Arcos de la Frontera called La Casa Bovedos. The best thing about this place was that they serve you fresh fruit for breakfast (a bit of a rarity in Spain). We used arcos as a base to visit Jerez de la frontera as we wanted to go to the horse dancing show and visit a sherry bodega (we chose Sandemans). Unfortunately Jerez is not particularly attractive so Arcos, which is about 20-30 minutes away was a perfect base. Although it's not small, Tarifa (the old town, where we stayed at La Casa Favourita) was a great base for catching the ferry across to Tangier in Morocco and also visiting a gorgeous beach with Roman ruins on it at Bologna. Although we didn't stay there, we had lunch in Vejer de la frontera as well, and this was a little more sophisticated that the other villages we stayed. My favourite was Grazalema which I have recommended to everyone I know.

If you need any more details about our itinerary, let me know and I can send you the whole thing (I am a little anal when it comes to planning trips, so there isquite a bit of detail. Also, I found the Rick Steve's guide quite useful for the details about parking, trains, buses, opening hours of attractions etc. The Lonely Planet also has an Andalucia book too.

Hope you have a great time.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,531
4. Re: Andalusia for 14 day

Azanie:

I would recommend these towns near Malaga:

1. Ronda

2. Nerja

3. Mijas

You do not need to rent a car because there are buses and trains. For train travel read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

If you want to rent a car, read the Driving Guide for Foreigners.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 23
5. Re: Andalusia for 14 day

small towns or towns often overlooked close to seville (doable as daytrip):

- Aracena

- Carmona

- Ecija

- Osuna

- Utrera

- Jerez

West Yorkshire
reviews: 7
6. Re: Andalusia for 14 day

You don't say what time of the year you will be visiting, but keep in mind that if you are going in the summer months, it will be very hot....indeed! (Especially in and around Seville!) That may limit the amount of sight-seeing you will feel like doing, in the middle of the day.

Last week, I went to Aracena (mentioned by myscreen) and it was glorious! The scenery, the buildings, the caves (amazing) and the food all added up to the most fabulous day. The fact that we coincided with the annual ham festival just added to the delight! About an hour, by car, from Seville.

I would also agree with Carmona, as a day trip from Seville, although my son may disagree. He didn't think much to it, at all - but he loves Seville, with all its wonderful architecture and food! I loved wandering around the streets and discovering pretty buildings and great views.

Definitely a vote for Nerja, too, if you are in and around Malaga, with a side trip to Frigiliana, which is a few minutes into the hills behind Nerja.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 1
7. Re: Andalusia for 14 day

Thank you so much everyone, Idefinately have a better idea now!

much appreciated:)

Azanie

Pakistan
reviews: 2
8. Re: Andalusia for 14 day

Hi. We are considering to spend 6 days in Seville in 2nd week of April. Our aim is to not only enjoy Seville but also make day trips to other places like Cordoba / Cadiz etc. And then, come back to the base. We'll have our own car.

Need expert advice on what can be the best place (town / area) where we can make a base. OR, you suggest we stay "inside" Seville.

Thanks a lot & best regards

Washington DC...
reviews: 10
9. Re: Andalusia for 14 day

Loved

Arcos de la Frontera

small quick trips to Grazalema and Zahara (two other white villages)

and check out Ronda

We also did a quick day trip to Cadiz and enjoyed it.

10. Re: Andalusia for 14 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 22, 2014