We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Hrs in Sevilla - what can I do, what must I do

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Taiwan
6 Hrs in Sevilla - what can I do, what must I do

I, myself, will have a short stop in Sevilla for just 6.5 hours this July,19

Arrival at AM: 10:30 (by AVE from Madrid to Sevilla)

And scheduled to leave at PM: 5:00 (By Bus to Granada)

I would like to make the best use of such short period of time in Sevilla.

Could anyone give me some idea or plans about what I could do or where I must go ?

Miller

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
1. Re: 6 Hrs in Sevilla - what can I do, what must I do

WOW 6 hours only during the heat of the July day. You need to head straight for the Cathedral - get a taxi. From the cathedral go over to the Reales Alcazares (Royal Palaces) and stay out of the sun - spend some time in the shade of the rooms and the garden.

www.patronato-alcazarsevilla.es/index.php…

If it's not too hot you could walk down to the river and head for the Torre del Oro. If you feel like a rest (and you have the time) go on one of the river boats. Not far to walk is the bull ring - the Maestranza - and take a look inside. Then maybe you need to get into a taxi and head for the San Sebastian bus station for your trip to Granada !

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
reviews: 19
2. Re: 6 Hrs in Sevilla - what can I do, what must I do

Taxi to Cathedral, yes, and walk over to Alcazares Reales, yes. Then why don't you soak in the ambiance of the Barrio de Santa Cruz, the old Jewish district. I don't have a restaurant to recommend, but I think with your schedule you could sit down to eat at around 2:30 or 3:00 in the Barrio de Santa Cruz and then also stroll that area. This way all your touring would be in one general area.

If you did want to go to another area, I would walk or take taxi to Calle Sierpes and have lunch in the general downtown area. I don't know how long (in time) that walk would take...and in the heat.

Then take taxi to bus station.

Any suggestions for restaurants or walking distances?

Taiwan
3. Re: 6 Hrs in Sevilla - what can I do, what must I do

Many thanks to Cadiz lover and Holakjs for so many practical and useful informations.

I think the weather of the July day in Sevilla might be as heat as in Taiwan (36-400C) where I live for more then 30 years. So I think, it’s Ok.

I supposed I could walk from Barrio de Santa Cruz to Calle Sierpes in 20 minutes (<1000meter ) if I don’t got loss in the so many small streets.

My further question is:

1.Is it worthwhile to have a River Boats trip; How dose it cost? How long dose it take ?

2.Is there anyone would like to recommend the restaurants in the Calle Sierpes area for lunch?

3.Should I book the Bus to Granada previously? Or I just arrive half an hour before departure and buy the ticket?

4.Which would you recommend about the transportation From Sevilla to Granada (departure at about PM:5:00); And My destination is Carmen Hotel in Granada.

As this is the first time I travel to Spain by myself, So many things to me seemed difficult.

I would to thanks your warmly reply and suggestions !!

Miller

UK
reviews: 10
4. Re: 6 Hrs in Sevilla - what can I do, what must I do

Great ideas from Cadiz Lover & Holakjs. If you have the energy on your visit to the cathredral, climb the Giralda - the views from the top over Sevilla are breathtaking.

For lunch I would recommend going over to the Triana district & eating at one of the riverside restaurants. Also, there is a very nice restaurant & tapas bar on Triana side of the Puente de Triana - it gets very busy.

UK
reviews: 10
5. Re: 6 Hrs in Sevilla - what can I do, what must I do

I forgot to mention, there is a tourist bus which leaves from the river near to where the boat is - you might like this way of seeing the city & you can get on and off when you want. They run every 30 minutes.

The river cruise takes about 45 minutes if I remember right & was only a few euros.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
6. Re: 6 Hrs in Sevilla - what can I do, what must I do

I think your idea of taking a bus to Granada at 5pm is fine. You can book a seat online at www.movelia.es nearer the time. Cost is about Euros 17 and you pay a small booking fee on this site I seem to recall, but at least you are 100% sure that if the bus goes then you are on it ! Print off the booking and exchange it at the bus station ticket office for the bus ticket. The hotel CARMEN in Granada is down near the shopping streeet and you can take a taxi from the bus station - think the cost may be around 5 or 6 euros.

The Seville tourist bus (open topped ) may be a better idea than the boat ! I think you can get on the bus at different points in the city. But certainly at the Torre de Oro near the river.

Taiwan
7. Re: 6 Hrs in Sevilla - what can I do, what must I do

Thanks All for your kindness reply

I wish I could be strong enough to climb 70m height, to the top of the Giralda for the spectacular views of Sevila.

I also apreciate your further suggestions and recommendations -- about the resturant, shop ect about Sevila.

Miller

chicago, il
reviews: 13
8. Re: 6 Hrs in Sevilla - what can I do, what must I do

I think all of the suggestions here are great, and the Cathedral is beautiful, but I would definitely make time to hang out in the Santa Cruz area or the previously mentioned Sierpes area of Sevilla for a while. Having lived in Sevilla, I think that the best parts of this town are the architecture, the culture and the people watching...you have to make some time to just soak up the atmosphere of the place even during a short visit! Everyone eats lunch at 2pm, so you will be there during a great part of the day - it's a great time to sit outside at a cafe and people watch. When you get there, I would head to the Sierpes area and do a little shopping and maybe get a coffee. You could head over to the Santa Cruz area afterwards, then hit one of the restaurants for lunch around 2. After lunch, during the siesta (from 2-5), when everything closes except the restaurants and the main tourist attractions, check out the Cathedral (I'm pretty sure it is open all day to the public!). Have fun!

Taiwan
9. Re: 6 Hrs in Sevilla - what can I do, what must I do

Great and very deal idea!!

Thank you very much, Megustamex

I definitely believe that I will have a wonderful short stop in Sevilla.

Because all of you in this Forum are so kindness and enthusiastic!!

All I could say is Thank You Again and again !!

Brighton,UK
reviews: 17
10. Re: 6 Hrs in Sevilla - what can I do, what must I do

Only a few hours ? Hesr's what i'd do. Take a taxi to Plaza Espana and spend 20 mins taking in this breathtaking open space buit in the 1920 then walk accross to the Alcazar and allow an hour to explore this fantastic palace and it's gardens. From the exit wander through the Barrio Santa Cruz from Plaza Alianza, Plaza Elvira, Plaza Venerables, Plaza Alfaro, Plaza Santa Cruz to Plaza Refinadores to take in the flavour of Seville. Have lunch at one of the tapas bars in pedestrian area at the top of Jardines de Murillio. All are excellent. Retrace your steps to the cathedral and have a wander around evesdropping on tour guides descriptions. Go up the Giralda Tower if you have time and try to time it around the hour so that you can be at the top when the bells ring. Exit from the Cathedral and the Av de la Constitution is on the Left. Follow it to Calle Sierpes and Calle Tetuan for shopping. Retrace your steps to the Cathedral and on the corner of Constitution and Vinuesa is a large Coffe House/Pastry Shop. Treat yourself to a large fabulous icecream or an ice cold cerveza. Contemplate why on earth you chose to spend only 6 hours in beautiful Seville. Maddness!