We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Hotel Derby Sevilla from Airport

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire
Best way to get to Hotel Derby Sevilla from Airport

Hi all

We are visiting Seville in just over a week and wondered if anyone had any advice on the best way to get to our hotel. We are staying at the Hotel Derby Sevilla. I know there is an airport bus but I don't think that stops very near the hotel so where are we best getting off / swapping transport / walking from? We would rather not get a taxi unless there is no easy-ish way. We are happy to walk up to 15 mins so if there is an easy route from a stop etc, that would be good too.

Cheers

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 20
1. Re: Best way to get to Hotel Derby Sevilla from Airport

By my reckoning the nearest place the airport bus stops at is its terminus at Plaza de Armas, which is a bit over half a mile away. There isn't a bus from there.

But, if my reading of the city bus map is correct, you could get off the airport bus at the previous stop Paseo de Cólon, near the bullring, and from there take the C5 bus to the Plaza Del Duque and El Corte Ingles shopping centre, which is across the road from that hotel.

Or you could get off the airport bus at the Santa Justa railway station and take the number 32 from there.

But I have never done that myself, all being well someone will come along who has.

Meanwhile you can study the bus map and otehr information yourself at the city bus website www.tussam.es but be aware the site is only in Spanish and requires you to enter a 'captcha' code to download the map! The Plaze del Duque is clearly marked.

Hope that helps anyway.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 23
2. Re: Best way to get to Hotel Derby Sevilla from Airport

indeed from Plaza de Armas to Duque there is a 15 mins or less plesant walk (you pass by the Museum of Fine Arts square)

but for me the best option would be to stop at Santa Justa train station and then take 32 to Campana/Duque.

Hampshire
3. Re: Best way to get to Hotel Derby Sevilla from Airport

Brilliant, thanks so much for your help. I can't wait to go!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Best way to get to Hotel Derby Sevilla from Airport

i would get a taxi to be honest !!! Once unpacked take yourself to the victoria tapas bar next door where the food and welcome is fantastic .

5. Re: Best way to get to Hotel Derby Sevilla from Airport

Thank you all for your comments and help.

In fact, the cheap and easy way to get our hotel is by bus (Plaza de Armas stop) and exactly there is a very pleasant 10 minutes walk to Plaza del Duque.

Nevertheless, If you prefer a taxi the price is really good (about 25 €).

If you need more information or help, do not hesitate to contact with our reception staff: reservas@hotelderbysevilla.com.

You wil be welcome in our Hotel Derby Sevile and we hope your stay will be great!

Best regards,

David Moreno

Manager-Hotel Derby Sevilla

6. Re: Best way to get to Hotel Derby Sevilla from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 25, 2014