We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from airport bus stop to Calle Aguilas

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London England
reviews: 12
Walking from airport bus stop to Calle Aguilas

Hi:

Would one of the experts be able to tell me if it is possible to "walk" to my hotel in Calle Aguilas when I get off the airport bus at the Ave el Cid stop. I have a suitcase which is on 4 wheels so not too difficult to roll on the road - but I am a senior citizen (fairly fit) and wondered if this is possible or if I am being too adventurous. Its at the end of April so should be daylight still.

I also wanted to ask if it is shorter/easier to walk from the bus stop at Santa Justa or to wait till the bus goes all the way to Ave el Cid. I've no idea where these two stops are in relation to my hotel so need someone's help. My flight will only be arriving at 5 p.m. so by the time I get out with my case and wait for the airport bus etc. I dont expect to arrive into the centre till at least 6 p.m. or later and I dont know how busy these roads will be.

Thanks for any help.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 19
1. Re: Walking from airport bus stop to Calle Aguilas

One end of Calle Aguilas is around 500 metres from Santa Justa, the other end would be over 1km, ie getting on for 3/4 of a mile. Which end is your hotel at?

El Cid is even further away.

The map on the city bus website shows where the EA bus stops in relation to Calle Aguilas but you have a bit of a performance to download it

tussam.es/fileadmin/php/descargar-plano.php

Follow the route of bus C5 which actually runs along Calle Aguilas but not in a way helpful to you.

Edited: 3:13 am, February 16, 2013
London England
2. Re: Walking from airport bus stop to Calle Aguilas

Thanks very much for your help. I will try & find the route on the bus map. Actually the hotel is just past Pilatos. I dont know whether this makes it easier from Santa Justa or el Cid. But you said el Cid is much further away so I will try & find the route from Santa Justa. Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 22
3. Re: Walking from airport bus stop to Calle Aguilas

it's an easy walk, 10 mins tops, but you can always take a taxi, it should cost no more than 4 or 5 euros.

London England
4. Re: Walking from airport bus stop to Calle Aguilas

Hi myscreen

Yes if its only 4-5 Euros I may as well get a cab. Would that be from Santa Justa or Ave el Cid? When you say the walk is easy & 10 minutes tops, which Airport Bus stop is that from out of the 2 above? Sorry to labour the point but I would like to know. Thanks a lot

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
5. Re: Walking from airport bus stop to Calle Aguilas

it's a bit longer from Av. del Cid. Nevertheless, it will be 4-5 euros from both.

I would stop at Santa Justa because it's before Av del Cid coming from the airport.

As for walking, Santa Justa would be something like 10m, while Av del Cid more like 15 mins.

Both ways are safe and beautiful walks anytime day or night.

London England
6. Re: Walking from airport bus stop to Calle Aguilas

Hi myscreen 123:

sorry I didnt acknowledge this reply sooner. I've been away.

Actually I would love to walk as it gives me a chance to orient myself with the area and since you said its safe, that sounds good too. I think I'll just play it by ear on the day and see how I feel but I'll take your advice & get off the bus at Santa Justa since its the earlier stop.

Thanks again. It's so good to be able to get advice from those who know the city.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
7. Re: Walking from airport bus stop to Calle Aguilas

hi zigzag2: bring a map. As soon as you get into the center (after the big avenue Jose Laguillo coming off the station), it becomes a maze, so a wrong turn will take you somewhere else in the city.

I think there are maps available in the train station, otherwise bring a printed route in a piece of paper or something.

You're welcome, let us know about your walk and your visit!

8. Re: Walking from airport bus stop to Calle Aguilas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 03, 2014