We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Second day trip from Seville?

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 12
Second day trip from Seville?

We are a family of 4 adults visitng a college exchange student. We have an apartment for 9 nights Thursday to Saturday. Our only day trip planned so far is to Cordoba on Tuesday. Should we book another day trip- Malaga perhaps, or will we be able to find enough to keep us busy in Seville?

Also planning on visitng the arab baths on the day we fly in to help offset the jet lag. Any comments on the baths? Thanks

Northampton, MA
reviews: 29
1. Re: Second day trip from Seville?

I would go to Cadiz or Ronda. Carmona is also a good daytrip if you like Roman ruins.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
reviews: 8
2. Re: Second day trip from Seville?

I wouldn't go as far as Malaga, there's lots to see nearer Seville.

To the suggestions above, I'd add Jerez, Arcos de la Frontera, Sanlúcar and El Puerto de Santa María .

Also Doñana National Park combined with Palos de la Frontera where Columbus left from on his first voyage across the Atlantic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lugares_colombinos

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Do%C3%B1ana_National_Park

Edited: 6:42 pm, February 14, 2013
Hermosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Andalucia
reviews: 23
3. Re: Second day trip from Seville?

I'll throw in probably my favorite, or at least top 3, cities in Spain: Cadiz.

With 9 days you should have plenty of time for several daytrips. But the great thing is that you really don't have to plan them in advance and can wing it. The exception being Cordoba where you'd want to purchase train tickets in advance.

I'd also agree with the suggestions of Jerez, Arcos, Sanlucar, El Puerto, Ronda. The sherry triangle towns, my favorite being Sanlucar, would be a great insight into the sherry culture. And Jerez is strongly influenced by the spanish guitar.

The high speed train to Malaga is about the same time it takes for bus or train to Cadiz. But there's alot to see in Malaga and personally I prefer laid back Cadiz with it's slightly crumbly but characteristic old town.

A couple of other places more off the beaten path: Ecija and Osuna.

All of these places can be done using public transportation if you don't have a car.

South Australia
reviews: 12
4. Re: Second day trip from Seville?

Bus to Ronda www.losamarillos.es

www.turismoderonda.com

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,126
5. Re: Second day trip from Seville?

I would choose Ronda. The views in this town are wonderful. Read the top questions in the Ronda forum.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 22
6. Re: Second day trip from Seville?

after cordoba, my second favorite daytrip would be Carmona. Make sure you go to the Parador in Carmona for a coffee with a view.

All places said above by my colleagues are indeed worth the trip. I would also like to add Sierra Norte, north of Seville mountains, with the town of Aracena, main town of the area and one of the capitals of spanish ham and a local variaty of spanish mushrooms (gurumelos).

As for baths, I would go to Aire de Sevilla in Santa Cruz/Juderia neighborhood. They offer also massages and tea, besides the spa circuit, so perfect for relaxing after the long trip.

Port Saint Lucie...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
reviews: 10
7. Re: Second day trip from Seville?

Really, with all the choices above you can't go wrong with any of them.

My picks would be Ronda, Cadiz, Arcos, and Carmona, witch is only a 45 minute bus ride from Seville.

Arcos and Ronda have some of the best views in Spain, you will never forget them.

Good luck and have fun. Hubie

8. Re: Second day trip from Seville?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 17, 2014