We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some advice on location and hotel

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
reviews: 32
Some advice on location and hotel

We will be in Seville for 3 nights on an upcoming trip to Southern Spain. We are traveling in July so I definitely understand the days might be hot so we definitely want a place with a pool.

I know these are two different style hotels but does anyone have any comments on staying at the Hotel Alfonso XIII vs the EME Catedral. I already read the reviews and forums but looking for some advice from anyone who has stayed at both. EME does seem to have some poor reviews on service recently. One looks more luxurious vs the other more modern and funky. I like the location of EME and also the fact they have a great rooftop bar. We like places that are more unique and true to the culture of where we are traveling. We really like luxury boutique hotels as well. Both of these were recommended by friends and our travel agent.

We will visit the Catedral and Alcazar while there. I am most excited about seeing some flamenco shows in the evening and just experiencing the culture and people of Seville. We are flying in to Malaga and plan to take the train direct to Seville.

One other question- is it advisable to stay in Ronda for more than just a day trip- we could shorten our stay in Seville by one night and spend one night in Ronda? if not we can go to Ronda on a day trip later in our stay not taking time away from Seville. We will be at another event near Malaga for a few days after Seville and will have the opportunity to take some day trips.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 216
1. Re: Some advice on location and hotel

Having only stayed in Alfonso XIII and passed by EME several times, I am convinced that you would find Alfonso XIII ideal. 3 nights sounds great. Ronda can be handled from Malaga.

West Yorkshire
reviews: 8
2. Re: Some advice on location and hotel

My advice would be not to take away a day from your Seville stay. There is so much to see and do and you could be somewhat restricted by what times of the day you would want to be walking around, given the temperatures you are likely to encounter!

Be sure to visit the Maria Luisa park and the Plaza de Espana. Also, don't miss the views from the top of the new 'parasols'.

Hermosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Andalucia
reviews: 24
3. Re: Some advice on location and hotel

I'd agree -3 days is barely enough for Sevilla. I don't even think you'll have time for a daytrip to Ronda (at the expense of Sevilla). I'd visit Cordoba over Ronda as a daytrip anytime.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 23
4. Re: Some advice on location and hotel

I would go to Alfonso XIII over any other hotel in the world eyes wide shut. Alfonso XIII is one of the best hotels in Europe, hotel EME is just another trendy 5* hotel. Nevertheless, you might want to spend some time in the roof terrace of hotel EME, with Cathedral views, but for that you don't need to be spending the night. Both hotels are 10 mins walking one from the other.

With 3 days, I would concentrate in Seville. But if you really want a daytrip, Cordoba or Carmona (or even Italica) could be better options than Ronda.

Northampton, MA
reviews: 31
5. Re: Some advice on location and hotel

Oh my gosh I can only dream about staying at Alfonso XIII. Recently renovated too.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
reviews: 25
6. Re: Some advice on location and hotel

I have only visited the roof top terrace of EME, but that visit was so dreadful that I would not consider staying there.

Queue to enter building, queue for lift, told where to sit by rude staff -despite there being no seats available, no bar list or prices. Dirty toilet with no paper and no lock.

Pretty sure drinks were going to be far too expensive to have them standing uncomfortably between seated customers tables. Gave up and left!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,711
7. Re: Some advice on location and hotel

A vote for Hotel Alfonso XIII.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 97
8. Re: Some advice on location and hotel

We were considering both and went with Alfonso XIII after reading this...looks lovely.

Washington DC
reviews: 32
9. Re: Some advice on location and hotel

Thanks everyone! We decided on Hotel Alfonso XIII as well.

But we kind of made a small change- we are doing 2 nights in Seville and 1 night in Ronda at Parador de Ronda. I know many people have recommended Cordoba or other areas but we really like seeing natural beauty and decided visiting the beautiful white village towns and staying at least one night in a room with a beautiful view would be something we loved. We really didn't feel like going to Alhambra on this trip- plus it seems like the temp will be very hot in July...

I know more time in Seville would be great but really what we wanted to do was just experience the city and see some flamenco shows as well as go to visit the Cathedral (which we can walk to from the hotel I believe.) So the last day we figured we would just get up at our leisure and make the 2 hr drive to Ronda and just be able to be there to see a small town and just hang out with the beautiful views. We travel the next day to a place not far from Malaga...

10. Re: Some advice on location and hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 21, 2014