We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains to Cordoba

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 14
Trains to Cordoba

We ( 4 people) are planning our trip to Sevilla in April. We want to go to Cordoba on the 9th of April. My question is the trains. Cost ranges from 13.25 for the MD train to 30.10 for the AVE.

1. What is the best to take? I don't mind an extra 45 minutes on the train to save over 50%

I did not see any discount for early booking for the AVE on the renfe site- Am I looking in the right place for discount tickets?

2. If we take the MD train do we need reservations?

Thanks for the help. Maureen

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
1. Re: Trains to Cordoba

Have just looked at the options for the 9th April. If you are happy to book in advance paying the fare now and can fix the time of trains going and returning then you can use the AVE by buying a Mesa or Table ticket. For 4 people you could pay about €100 which compares favourably with the MD train. But if you do not want to buy in advance or use the RENFE web site for this then just take the MD train on the day. These do not run as frequently but at least you know the fare will not change. And by buying a return for the day you will pay a little less than the single fare you mention.

Look at http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html and Purchase trolly.

Also check How to buy RENFE tickets >>>>right column...for further advices..

2. Re: Trains to Cordoba

thanks for the replies. I have read the ticket guide, and went through the purchase process and all looks good. We will purchase on the weekend when with the rest of the family. One question? When looking at the double arrow symbol that indicates return trip, is that the total price per ticket back and forth? Eg train 03943 to Cordoba from Sevilla on 9 April at , 8:50 is 24.10EU but the p+ is only 10.55. So it would be better to get the P+ on that particular train?

3. Re: Trains to Cordoba

I am bumping this since we are planning to book tickets this weekend. The P+ fare appears to be less expesive that the roundtrip fare listed for the Sevilla to Cordoba train AVE #03943 at 8:50 . Am I reading this right.?

4. Re: Trains to Cordoba

Ok thanks- just trying to learn all I can about Renfe!

5. Re: Trains to Cordoba

One last question- The AVE train has a ticket for 12.05 listed as "M" and 13.55 for "P+". I read the renfe buying ticket quide, and thought that the P+ was the cheapest train, so I dont understand this . Would we be ok taking the "M" fare"?

We have had real trouble trying to book the tickets, but will try again on Monday hoping I will get a better result during the work week. Called the CC company, but still no luck at the purchase window.

6. Re: Trains to Cordoba

Sorry friends. I reread the Renfe info and now realize the "M " seats are Mesa with a table- not good seats to book- according to the website, so we will stick with p+ sorry ! .

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 4
7. Re: Trains to Cordoba

It could be that the p+ is part of the current round of promotional fares offered by RENFE. I bought Barcelona to Cordoba fares at quite a discount recently - E115 for two on the AVE.

As so often with promotional fares, it is hard to find the rhyme or reason - promotional deals are just like that, is my guess.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 23
8. Re: Trains to Cordoba

if you are a party of 4, Mesa tickets are not that bad, a bit less space than regular ones, but no problem if you know each other. Nevertheless, it'll be a 40 mins trip so I think Mesa would be good if you can get a good price for it.

9. Re: Trains to Cordoba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 20, 2014