We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expert advise on 13 nights in Spain

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Expert advise on 13 nights in Spain

Hi,

I am travelling to Spain with my family for 13 nights in June. We are 6 adults and 3 children (ages 16,12,9).

Our dates in and out of Spain are finalised and tickets to be bought soon. We intend to get 2 cars on rental and drive around from Malaga.

Stay at Malaga is booked and paid for 6 nights. So we have 7 nights left which we plan to split between Seville and Barcelona. The question is how do we divide it between these two cities OR should we looking at something more interesting ?

I need expert advise on whether the itinerary below seems fine, or if we should do something extra or cut down something . All suggestions would be highly appreciated.

2nd - Arrive late night and check-in into Malaga resort, after taking the rental cars/van

3rd - Sightseeing at Malaga

4th - Ronda

5th - More sightseeing at Malaga

6th - Granada

7th - Granada ?? - not sure

8th - Drive down to Seville

9th - Sevilla

10th - Drive to Córdoba and stop off in Carmona on the way back to Sevilla

11th - Sevilla

12th - Morning - Depart Seville for Barcelona by air

13th - Day trip to Montserrat

14th - More Sight seeing Barcelona

15th - 1000 hrs - Depart Barcelona for New Delhi - back home.

Thanks so much for all your help .

Regards,

Ruchi

berkshire, england
reviews: 16
1. Re: Expert advise on 13 nights in Spain

I think that your holiday may feel a little unbalanced - a leisurely stay in Malaga with trips to Granada & Ronda, followed by a hectic rush round Barcelona and Seville.

Seville needs more time because it is magic. To 'get' Seville, you have to wander through the miles of quaint little streets and discover little gems around each corner. Three days is the absolute minimum.

Barcelona's magic is spread out. It has some amazing buildings and museums, but they're not all in the same area, and just a quick tour of the exterior of the buildings would take you all day.

A possible solution might be that on the 11th or 12th, you drive, early morning to Cordoba, arriving by around 9.30, and leave the hire car there and take a mid-afternoon train to Barcelona. This would allow you to see the Mezquita and you would gain an extra day for Seville or Barcelona.

New Delhi, India
2. Re: Expert advise on 13 nights in Spain

Hmmm....thanks so much for your suggestion.

But wouldn't the train take up much more time than the flight ?

Let me explore this option.

berkshire, england
reviews: 16
3. Re: Expert advise on 13 nights in Spain

I think it would work out pretty similar.

If I randomly picked the 10.10am Vueling flight from Seville Barcelona, then I'd expect to be leaving one hotel in Seville at 8.45am by taxi, and arriving at my Barcelona hotel at about 13.15.

The train, is about an hour longer than this, BUT, would allow you to break your journey in Cordoba (e.g. 8.45-9.27 Sevilla-Cordoba, and 15.42-20.22 Cordoba- Barcelona). The travelling is longer, but you have gained an extra day in Seville (10th) and saved yourself a 3 hour return drive from Seville to Cordoba.

4. Re: Expert advise on 13 nights in Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 12, 2014