We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on Sundays

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 97
Buses from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on Sundays

Can anyone help me with bus schedules between Seville and Arcos de la Frontera? (in early June)

Is this do- able on. Sunday, to stay overnight in Arcos, or should I cancel my accommodation there?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,310
1. Re: Buses from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on Sundays

impossible:

Comes Bus goes to Arcos from Seville, with an intermediate stop at Jerez.

However on a Sunday there is only one bus from Jerez to Arcos at 11:45 and the earliest bus from Seville arrives at Jerez at 12:00, so you cannot make it on that day.

Hermosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Andalucia
reviews: 24
2. Re: Buses from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on Sundays

There are 2 trains from Sevilla to Jerez that you could take on Sunday and then make the bus to Arcos. The bus and train stations in Jerez are adjacent to each other. No need to cancel the accommodation reservation.

London, United...
reviews: 192
3. Re: Buses from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on Sundays

Neither of the foregoing answers make sense :-(

Sometimes it is very difficult to understand how public transport works in Andalucia and usually the locals ask another local for answers ! And sometimes those answers are not always good.

The usual way to get to Arcos from Sevile is either the Los Amarillos bus that leaves from Prado de San Sebastian bus station and takes about 2 hours however on a Sunday the service may be more limited. Anyway at the moment for this coming Sunday the only service leaves at 18.00 from Seville so this may make it too late. However it is better to check the times nearer the day you plan to travel by looking at :

http://www.losamarillos.es/venta/busqueda.jsp

This web page gives normally accurate information within a week or so of the day of travel. Of course if in Seville it is not far to walk to the Prado bus terminal to check and buy tickets if travelling later in afternoon is acceptable. I use that bus sometimes during the week and it never gets busy at all and maybe becasue of possible changes to schedules the usual times can alter over time.

The most regular route is via Jerez. Here you can take a train or a bus to Jerez. Then take a local bus to Arcos. There are a few bus operators running a service from Seville to Jerez including COMES and LINESUR.

This Sunday you can travel from Jerez bus station (adjacent to the train station) on a Los Amarillos service at these times (using above web site) :

08.00, 09.00, 11.00, 13.00, 15.00, 17.00, 18.00, 20.30.

There is also a "COMES" bus passing through Jerez that heads to Ronda via Arcos at 11.45 on a Sunday. This bus starts at Cadiz.

As far as trains go, it is too early now to see the times. However there will be more than 10 trains on a Sunday. Suggest you take a look at this coming Sunday for ideas of times however again look closer to your date of travel for accurate times as RENFE are slow at publishing times too far ahead. http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

The MD or Media Distancia trains are very comfortable and good value. They also stop after leaving Santa Justa main station at San Bernardo station in Seville and sometimes it makes more sense to use that station as it is served by the Seville Tram and Metro as well as buses.

If you arrive at Jerez and decide to take a taxi to your place in Arcos then taxis are plentiful and eager to help you ! I think the fare may be +- €40.

Impossible - whatever you do please visit Arcos as it is not impossible !!

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: Buses from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on Sundays

Thanks Benny. Looks like I'll have to cancel the overnight in Arcos, unless youve got any other suggestions???

We dont really want to drive. Money isnt a big issue but I guess a cab would be outrageous.

Sounds like we've got a free night hanging between Seville (3 nights) and Cadiz (2 nights).

Any suggestions by public transport? or if not, would you add the night onto Seville or Cadiz?

London, United...
5. Re: Buses from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on Sundays

impossible50 - i hope and pray that you do read my answer !

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Buses from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on Sundays

Thank you so much for all of this detail. A trip via Jerez sounds quite do- able. Since I only have one night in Arcos, I'd like to get there around midday at the latest.

Is Jerez a worthwhile destination in itself? I'd better go back to my LP guide.

London, United...
7. Re: Buses from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on Sundays

Early June. Can be quite hot just depends. On a Sunday Jerez will be much quieter with no central shops and most bodegas closed to visitors except I think Tio Pepe - Gonzales Byass. Certainly the famous Real Escuela will be closed. If you like to walk then Arcos would be fine and quite different to your experiences in Seville and Cadiz. Maybe treat yourself to a taxi from Jerez to hotel ? Will anyway make your visit different and hopefully special The Parador at the top of the old town makes for a very nice resting place. Difficult in some ways to reach without a car however worth the effort. But if this all sounds daunting then spend an extra day in Cadiz and enjoy the Atlantic and the beginning of the summer holiday season ! Maybe take a trip by catamaran over to El Puerto de Santa Maria for a visit to Osborne bodega Mora. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187434-d3…

catamaran

http://siu.cmtbc.es/es/lineas.php

Sydney, Australia
8. Re: Buses from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on Sundays

I think I have a better sequence of travel, avoiding the reduced Sunday services problem. Does this sound okay:

Seville 3 nights, leaving Sunday

Train to Cadiz -2 nights, Sunday and Monday

Bus to Arcos de la Frontera, Tueday

Bus to Ronda, Wednesday

I'd appreciate your opinion. All my accommodation is flexible.

Hermosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Andalucia
9. Re: Buses from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on Sundays

Honestly if you only have 7 nights and are dependent on public transportation for this area I'd tweak the itinerary. I'd hate to do 2 1-nighters in a row:

1) 4 nights Sevilla w/ a daytrip to Cordoba, 3 nights Cadiz w/a daytrip to Arcos

2) 4 nights Sevilla w/ a daytrip to Cordoba, 2 nights Cadiz , 1 night Ronda

I think you're overly concerned about Sunday travel to Arcos.

Hermosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Andalucia
10. Re: Buses from Seville to Arcos de la Frontera on Sundays

Cadiz_lover - I have to disagree with you that my previous comment on taking a train to Jerez did not make sense. This was in response to BennyMalaga's mention of one bus per day from Jerez to Arcos and the first bus arriving from Sevilla to Jerez at noon. I assumed this was correct about the bus schedules. If so then there are 2 trains on Sunday morning from Sevilla to Jerez that arrive before 11am allowing time to make the 11:45 bus. This provided a reasonable solution on getting from Sevilla to Arcos on a Sunday.