We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Jersey to Seville by TAP

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 12
New Jersey to Seville by TAP

Any problem with flying thru Portugal to get to Seville from Phila/ New Jersey area? Flight times are very long with bad connections thru Phila and JFK. Newark looks like a good alternative, but not sure about flying Thru Portugal. Any problems we should be aware of? Thanks for the help.

Shreveport...
reviews: 63
1. Re: New Jersey to Seville by TAP

Are you going to any other city in Spain? The reason I ask is I try to first go to the city it's easiest to get to first ( like perhaps Madrid or Barcelona) then the second leg of my vacation the more outside city ( if that makes sense). Traveling across the pond is hard enough - so that should ( to me) be the easiest leg. But that is just me.

2. Re: New Jersey to Seville by TAP

We need to get to Seville to visit a kid at college there. Connections thru Madrid are not that great. Doesn't seem to be any flights w/o long layovers From Phila or JFK . Not too sure about flying thru Lisbon if there would be problems.re: immigration/ customs flight connection times etc.

It is all TAP flights so connection problems should be covered by the airlines I think. Just not used to connections in Europe. We usually visit cities with direct flights, so this is new to us. The niece should have gone to school in Paris or Rome!!

Hermosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Andalucia
reviews: 24
3. Re: New Jersey to Seville by TAP

I'm surprised connections through Madrid to Sevilla are not great especially if you're flying Iberia or a codeshare. Generally the flights arrive in Madrid around 8 or so and then the flight to Sevilla is a couple of hours later.

If the connection to Sevilla is really bad you may consider taking the high speed train from Madrid to Sevilla - 2,5hours plus the time to get from the airport to the train station.

Manalapan, NJ
reviews: 13
4. Re: New Jersey to Seville by TAP

My daughter is studying in Seville this semester and took the TAP flights there last week. In fact, 9 students from her program were on the flights and I believe they experienced no problems. The only thing to be aware of is that the connecting flight from Lisbon to Seville is on a very small plane. That is why when my friend and I visit her in March, we are flying into Madrid and taking the AVE to Seville.

Eve

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,365
5. Re: New Jersey to Seville by TAP

Pennsylvania:

I recently came from Lisbon to Malaga and TAP put us on a very small plane. They gave us earplugs because the noise of the propellers was horrendous and you could not talk to anyone.

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
reviews: 36
6. Re: New Jersey to Seville by TAP

The TAP Lisbon to Seville link is not a high volume link and you were probably put aboard one of their 19 seater US-manufactured Beechcraft 1900D tubro-prop aircraft. There is nothing unusual about this.

In the USA, similar services linking low volume destinations also use similiar small turboprop aircraft.

It is a pity, there are no low cost operators on the Lisbon to Seville and Lisbon to Malaga routes. However, TAP-Air Portugal is not a low-cost operator and if there is limited traffic on a route it does not justify operating larger equipment.

For those visiting Seville from the NJ area, a better option might be via Barcelona. I see from the AENA Barcelona website that there appears to be an overnight United direct flight from Newark to Barcelona arriving at 09:00. Iberia, Vueling.com and Ryanair all operate from Barcelona to Seville and will be operating these routes with Boeing or Airbus equipment.

Given the limited number of flights on the Madrid to Seville route, Barcelona is probably a better gateway to Seville from Newark than Madrid or Lisbon.

7. Re: New Jersey to Seville by TAP

THanks all. We are still deciding weather JFK to Madrid- Seville, or TAP thru Lisbon/ Seville.

My agent is having trouble" Booking Through" on one ticket from JFK. We want to be covered if there is a problem with connections. Appreciate the feedback on TAP. We have been on thoise small propeller planes in the Caribbean and they are very loud! Maureen

8. Re: New Jersey to Seville by TAP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 20, 2014