We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sevilla for 5 days

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
reviews: 2
Sevilla for 5 days

We are going to be in Sevilla for 5-6 days in mid May. We are thinking of a day trip to cordoba for the patio festival. Should we also do a malaga day trip or should we consider staying in Malaga over night and also do a day trip to morroco? What are the must do's and how should we plan this?

p.s. We are a couple travelling with a 4 yr old!

Hermosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Andalucia
reviews: 24
1. Re: Sevilla for 5 days

Personally I wouldn't visit Malaga as a daytrip from Sevilla. It's a big too far for me. And I wouldn't even consider a daytrip to Tangiers, especially traveling with a 4 year old.

However, if you have 6 nights and the visit is during the Patio Festival I might consider spending 4 nights in Sevilla and 2 in Cordoba. If you want to base the entire time in Sevilla, as it may be easier with a child, then you can definately see Cordoba as a daytrip. It's just such a nice time to visit during the Patio Festival. With 5-6 days in Sevilla in addition to Cordoba I'd consider daytrips to: Jerez, Carmona, Cadiz, Osuna or Ecija - all easily accessed by public transportation. You could play it by ear. If you want to visit sherry bodegas in Jerez then Gonzales Byass doesn't require advance reservations. It's probably the most touristy of the bodegas but it gives you flexibility. I'd also consider renting an apartment in Sevilla. You'll get alot more space and often the price is not more (even less) than a hotel.

Vancouver
2. Re: Sevilla for 5 days

Great suggestions! Thank you:)

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,678
3. Re: Sevilla for 5 days

khars:

I would have health concerns bringing a 4 year old to Morocco.

Vancouver
4. Re: Sevilla for 5 days

Ok so here are our final options! Which option is the best?

1) 5-6 days in Sevilla with a day trip to Cordoba

2) 2 days Malaga and 4 days in Sevilla with a day trip to cordoba

3) Forget about Malaga and just stay 4 days in Sevilla and 2 days in cordoba

4) or 2 days Granada and 4 days Sevllla? ( although I am worried my 4 yr old does not wanto visit Alhambra all day!)

p.s. We are coming down south after a week of being in Majorca and then heading to Barcelona for 3 days before heading back home!

berkshire, england
reviews: 15
5. Re: Sevilla for 5 days

I would go for number one, since I don't think there is anything unmissable in Malaga, and for me, Cordoba is a one day only trip - just not enough there to merit two days, particularly with young children. I know that there are others on here who would disagree. This also keeps it simple in terms of moving accommodation etc.

I would also add a day trip to Cadiz from Seville.

It is a shame that this plan doesn't include Granada/The Alhambra, which is truly stunning, but I guess you can't do everything!

Hermosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Andalucia
reviews: 24
6. Re: Sevilla for 5 days

If your 4 year old is a good traveler I'd consider options 4 or 3

But the first option gives you the most flexibility especially when traveling with a child. Yu can rent a nice 1 BR apartment in Sevilla for 100 euros or so which will give you alot more space than a hotel and a kitchen. Considering this is part of a trip that also includes small Mallorca and Barcelona it may be the best choice. But it does seem a shame to miss Granada - tough choice.

Edited: 1:28 pm, January 19, 2013
Port Saint Lucie...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
reviews: 12
7. Re: Sevilla for 5 days

My pick would be option #4, and as far as how much time to spend at The Alhambra is up to you. Make sure you have your tickets for The Alhambra before you go.

As for Seville, you will love it. Day trips out of Seville are Ronda, Cadiz, Cordoba and Carmona a 45 minute bus ride from Seville.

Good luck and have fun. Hubie

8. Re: Sevilla for 5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 21, 2014