We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A question of hotel location in Seville

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
A question of hotel location in Seville

I will be in Seville next week, and my company booked a hotel for me:

Novotel Sevilla Marqués del Nervión

Avda. Eduardo Dato, 71

41005 Sevilla

Could someone please kindly tell me if this is a hotel in good location? Is it close to tourism attractions?

If not, what other hotels (not expensive) would you suggest? What area in Seville should I look for a hotel with good location?

Thanks a lot!

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 22
1. Re: A question of hotel location in Seville

it's in a residential area, about 25 mins walking to the city center or <10mins by bus or metro. Nice area with interesting restaurants, bars and shops. However for a first visit to seville is a bit out of the main attractions. I would recommend a hotel in the city center, some here recommend Hotel Becquer. take also a look at sevilla5.com for unexpensive hotels (or booking.com for more options)

London, United...
reviews: 190
2. Re: A question of hotel location in Seville

Novotel is next door to the home of Seville football club :

http://www.sevillafc.es/nuevaweb/inicio

so if you happen to be in Seville when they play at home you could take in the atmosphere !

Think the hotel offers a good deal usually but as myscreen says it is a little outside the central "old city" barrios, although the area surrounding it has plenty of activity with large shopping area and department stores like El Corte Ingles. It is called Nervion district. You can save money for your company by using the airport bus if arriving by plane. Or it is a shortish walk from Santa Justa train station.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,274
3. Re: A question of hotel location in Seville

Nick:

That hotel is located 1.9 km away from the Cathedral.

I have stayed at the Hotel Becquer and enjoyed the hotel. It is very centrally located.

Atlanta, Georgia
4. Re: A question of hotel location in Seville

Thank you guys so much for the reply! This is the first time I will be in Spain and I have no clue what to expect :)

A silly question: how would I know if a hotel is near city center or not?

How is the weather in Seville these days? I checked weather.com and it does not seem too cold. Should I bring a thick heavy coat?

I will be there for 8 days. Any suggestions what I should do? I will have plenty of free time off work.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 5
5. Re: A question of hotel location in Seville

We travelled to seville last january and found it cool on a morning and late evening , other than that it was very pleasant during the day . We are returning next week as we enjoyed it so much, and will only be bringing light winter wear .

Atlanta, Georgia
6. Re: A question of hotel location in Seville

Thank you! I will bring light winter wear then. What did you do last time when you were in Seville? Any suggestions and tips?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,274
7. Re: A question of hotel location in Seville

Nick:

The city center is the Cathedral. Check any hotel location on Google and find out how far it is from this church.

My suggestions for what to see:

1. Cathedral and Giralda Tower

2. Alcazar

3. Plaza de España - for me this is the most beautiful square in Spain.

4. Museo de Bellas Artes - One of the best fine arts museum in Spain.

5. Casa de Pilatos

6. Hospital de la Caridad

Atlanta, Georgia
8. Re: A question of hotel location in Seville

Thank you so much! What bus or subway should I take from the airport SVQ to my hotel

Novotel Sevilla Marqués del Nervión

Avda. Eduardo Dato, 71

41005 Sevilla

I tried to find information online but could not. Thanks!

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 22
9. Re: A question of hotel location in Seville

You can take the EA bus from the airport till Luis de Morales stop (it's where the Sevilla FC stadium is, there is a big mall as well) It will then be 3 mins to the hotel, same block

To go to the center, you can use the metro stop that is close to your door, 3 stops to Puerta de Jerez, or take bus 32 that will take you to Campana (depending on where in the center you want to be). Walking is about 20 mins walk to Plaza de España/University area and a bit more to Plaza Nueva, all pleasant walk.

As for where the center is: in Spain, in almost any city, center is close or around the Cathedral and/or Plaza Mayor. Historically, center is also called to the neighborhoods that were inside the walls of the ancient city. If you take this definition of center, Seville's city center is second largest in Europe after Istanbul, so center in Seville could mean lots of places.

10. Re: A question of hotel location in Seville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 26, 2014