We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid or Barcelona

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Penang Island...
reviews: 2
Madrid or Barcelona

If i have to choose one of these; which is best to visit for a first timer? 2 days in one of this city sufficient? from there i would continue to Andalusia, Seville,etc

thanks.

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Madrid or Barcelona

It depends on what you want to see and experience, which only you yourself can answer.

Madrid www.madridtourist.info

Barcelona www.barcelonaturisme.com

Train Madrid to Cordoba and Seville www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Flights Barcelona to Seville www.vueling.com

www.andalucia.com

www.spain.info

On the Respective destination forums Top Questions, you will find further information for your visit.

Accommodation www.venere.com

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,310
2. Re: Madrid or Barcelona

tancp:

For a first visit, I would choose Madrid, because it is Spain's capital and has the most sights. While in Madrid you can do a day trip to Toledo and another to Segovia. Read about these day trips in the top questions of the Madrid forum.

Penang Island...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Madrid or Barcelona

TQ very much for your input. Appreciate it.

Hermosa Beach...
reviews: 23
4. Re: Madrid or Barcelona

2 days for Madrid or Barcelona is not sufficient IMHO. If this is all you have I'd add the time to the cities you are already visiting and reduce the rushing around.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 22
5. Re: Madrid or Barcelona

I would also choose madrid, it is a shorter train ride to seville and a more interesting place imho than barcelona. nevertheless 2 days is not enough for either one.

6. Re: Madrid or Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 19, 2014