We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday in Seville is very quiet - where can I go?

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 29
Sunday in Seville is very quiet - where can I go?

The forum posts about Sunday seem to be quite old. Is there any new information about what I can do on a Sunday in Seville. Is it just the tourist places that are open still?

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 22
1. Re: Sunday in Seville is very quiet - where can I go?

most monuments will be open, including Cathedral, Alcazar and Fine Arts museum. There are also places that are always open like parks. You can enjoy a walk in Parque de Maria Luisa and Plaza de España and Plaza de America or in the lineal path/park along the river. Metropol Parasol will be open.

Mots (most) restaurants/bars will be open and ppl will be outside having their tapas or eating/drinking/meeting friends.

However most shops will be closed, especially small/clothes shops. Big department stores like El corte ingles and some special supermarkets/convenience stores like Opencor will be open.

Utrecht, The...
reviews: 63
2. Re: Sunday in Seville is very quiet - where can I go?

If you want to relax on Sunday I can recommend the lunch by the pool at the Alfonso XIII hotel. The food is great (buffet and barbeque) with nice drinks. You need to reserve in advance.

Brisbane, Australia
3. Re: Sunday in Seville is very quiet - where can I go?

Thank you - your replies are very helpful

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,310
4. Re: Sunday in Seville is very quiet - where can I go?

Bev:

The Fine Arts Museum (Museo de Bellas Artes) is one of the best fine arts museums in Spain.

The Alcazar can take more than 2 hours if you see everything. Be sure to see the King's Apartment.

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Sunday in Seville is very quiet - where can I go?

It all sounds lovely

South Australia
reviews: 12
6. Re: Sunday in Seville is very quiet - where can I go?

Take the bus to Ronda www.losamarillos.es

www.turismoderonda.com

Or Train to Cadiz www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

www.andalucia.com/cities/cadiz.htm

Edited: 1:28 am, January 16, 2013
Saint Paul...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Sunday in Seville is very quiet - where can I go?

I need suggestion on how to divide 6 days after we leave Malaga and travel by train to Barcelona for our flight home. The flight is AM of the 7th day. We want to see Granada as well, but are not sure if we should include Seville. I will have been there for one day trip. Is that enough? Thanks for comments!

Hermosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Andalucia
reviews: 24
8. Re: Sunday in Seville is very quiet - where can I go?

One day trip is not enough for Sevilla! If you have 6 days between Malaga and Barcelona I'd spend 2 in Granada and 4 in Sevilla, visiitng Cordoba as a daytrip from Sevilla.

If you need to be in Barcelona for your flight home I'd consider flying between Sevilla and Barcelona. It's a long train ride.

9. Re: Sunday in Seville is very quiet - where can I go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 19, 2014