We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Seville to Barcelona, expensive vueling

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Transport from Seville to Barcelona, expensive vueling

I am planning for a trip to Spain in May 2013 and working hard on the itinerary. But now the transportation from Seville to Barcelona is an obstacle to me.

Go through many forum and noted that vueling should be a cheap and fastest selection. However the price i quote surprising me, it costs me 110euro (not yet count the checked-in luggage).

I check a week later and earlier, discovering that depart from Seville on Monday is more expensive than others, say May 18 (Sat) just costs 30euro-40euro only. Is it normal pattern? Should I wait and any chance to have promotion price?

Seville should be our final destination and then should back to Barcelona on 20 May to catch up our flight to HK at 13:45, 2hrs in advanced of flight departure at 15:45.

Your advice is needed. Thanks a lot.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,433
1. Re: Transport from Seville to Barcelona, expensive vueling

soykathy:

When you go to the Vueling website, you can see the fares for days adjacent to the date you want to go and you may find different fares. This is because business people who want to fly must fly on certain dates, while tourists are more flexible and will be willing to fly on adjacent dates to get the lower price tickets.

I always fly Vueling when I can and always am flexible about my dates.

Hong Kong, China
2. Re: Transport from Seville to Barcelona, expensive vueling

Thanks Benny, actually I have to leave Seville on 20 May morning or 19 May night, otherwise the itinerary I have planned should be re-done :(

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
reviews: 36
3. Re: Transport from Seville to Barcelona, expensive vueling

Have you looked at Ryanair.com?????

Hong Kong, China
4. Re: Transport from Seville to Barcelona, expensive vueling

Ryanair is even worse..Euro145 (w/o checked-in luggage) :(

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
reviews: 36
5. Re: Transport from Seville to Barcelona, expensive vueling

Aaaargh!!!!! ;)))

BTW give my love to Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, the Star Ferry and Stanley!

We were married in the restaurant at the Hyatt Regency overlooking Victoria Harbour 18 months ago!

We love your city!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
6. Re: Transport from Seville to Barcelona, expensive vueling

In my experiences=, the better fares are not found on a Monday morning but normally around middle of week. Of course there are exceptions to this. Also I think that Vueling along with other budegt airlines tend to sell cheap fares initially and then they normally rise as you get nearer to the departure date. However there are no 100% guarantees that this always happens ! They ten to keep people guessing.

An alternative is to use the fast AVE train from Seville to Barcelona that takes about 5 1/2 hours however there is no way of knowing what the price opportunities will be for your chosen dates until say around 2 months before the day of travel becasue timetables / prices are not published too early unlike Vueling etc.

If you think that you could take the train on the Sunday 19th maybe the 16.00 - 21.25 or the earlier 09.00 - 14.20 then at least you have an alternative means of travel with a potential for a lower web fare if they become available early.

Hong Kong, China
7. Re: Transport from Seville to Barcelona, expensive vueling

Hi barlaventoexpert:

Great that you love HK and had such an amazing memory here.

I am now exactly in Kowloon, Tsim Shai Tsui :P

Good choice for your wedding banquet venue, Hyatt Group hotel has an established reputation, there's a restaurant called "Hugo" is cool!

You know what, my plan to Spain in May will be for my pre-wedding photoshooting :D :D :D :D :D :D. I studied in Granada many years ago and love this city, of cos the country so much, this is my wish to come back with my beloved one day, now my dream will become true!!!!

Now I have just purchased the ticket to Spain, next step should go in depth to the iternary plan. Here's the prelim idea, I will post it to a new topic once I've got the details one.

Due to the extremely expensive Vueling tickets from Seville to Barcelona, I've ever thought to go to Seville first and then Granada. However, the vueling ticket from Granada to Barcelona on 20 May is damn horrible!!!!

11 May: Arrival at Barcelona at 14:15

12 May: Barcelona - photoshooting and sight seeing

13 May: Day trip to Girona

14 May: Barcelona to Granada

15 May: Granada - photoshooting in Alhambra

16 May: Granada - sight seeing

17 May: Granada to Seville

18 May: Seville - phootshooting

19 May: Seville - sight seeing

20 May: (my couple of fds who is the photographer) will leave Seville to Barcelona (am) to catch up the flight depart at 15:45

I and my bf will go to Valencia

21-22 May: Valencia - sightseeing

23 May: Valencia to Barcelona

24 May: Depart from Barcelona at 15:45

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
8. Re: Transport from Seville to Barcelona, expensive vueling

If you get a Web fare for the train on the Sunday it can be as low as €58, but obviously this means longer travelling time. Vueling have a Tarifa Optima (luggage etc. included) on the Sunday evening for €103 which isn't bad really.

The reason the Saturday fares are so much less is that they aren't much use for people spending a weekend in either city - Sunday/Monday fares do tend to be higher as Cadiz_Lover says.

If you decide to wait for the train to become available do sign up for Vueling's update emails - they have regular sales and promotions, and also flights can go down when the train option becomes available if RENFE have lots of seats available at lower prices than the airlines are advertising - it's a game of cat and mouse really.

Edited: 6:22 am, January 10, 2013
Hong Kong, China
9. Re: Transport from Seville to Barcelona, expensive vueling

Cadiz_lover:

Thanks for let me know the price pattern.

You are right, this is the dilemma I am facing right now!

I have plan B to take fast AVE train, but noone can guarantee for the lower web fare until the schedule is released, and given that I will be lucky to grasp this discount rate.

If I wait the schedule release but fail in purchasing the web price ticket, at that moment, the flight ticket should be even higher than now……yayaya ><

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
10. Re: Transport from Seville to Barcelona, expensive vueling

Kathy, considering you don't have much time in Seville anyway I'd be inclined to bite the bullet and go for the €103 Vueling option now - after all, you could end up wasting lots of time waiting, worrying etc. all for the sake of 20 or 30 euro!