We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AVE Madrid to Seville

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria BC
reviews: 18
AVE Madrid to Seville

I have tried to book some tickets for the AVE - Madrid to Seville on both a private site and on the RENFE site without success - their computer systems would not let us do it. We are looking to travel in late March. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
21. Re: AVE Madrid to Seville

Cathy, there are regular pieces on the TV news at the moment about the RENFE booking chaos, every time a RENFE spokesman is asked they are non-committal. As you can imagine, the situation is causing a lot of annoyance. They refuse to confirm or deny what the cuts to services will be.

Maple Glen, PA
reviews: 2
22. Re: AVE Madrid to Seville

We were lucky in that the train schedule they kept were ideal for our schedule. We are looking forward to our visit and certainly could not have done it without all of you and your helpful insight.

New York City, New...
reviews: 8
23. Re: AVE Madrid to Seville

Hello,

I am arriving Madrid airport at 11:30 am and I would like to catch train to Seville. Do you think I can make it to the 2 p.m. train on time?

USA
reviews: 32
24. Re: AVE Madrid to Seville

RENFE online purchases have always been "challenging." Persistence does pay off. Watch out for Raileurope--they don't always show all the train options or offer all the discounts.

On our trip to Spain, we needed tickets Madrid/Sevilla, Sevilla/Granada, Granada/Madrid. Using RENFE, some routes did show up about 60 days in advance, others didn't get completely loaded until about 30 days in advance.

Also had lots of trouble getting our credit card accepted, but with patience and a couple of phone calls to USAA, it eventually worked out. It turned out we needed something called a "secure code" from Mastercard. It was easy to get, but it took a while to figure out that's what we needed.

Virginia-DC
25. Re: AVE Madrid to Seville

If you'll make more than a few train trips, a rail pass is great for this. After arriving early by plane, I was able to get a train earlier than I had thought. It appears they rarely fill up completely and you can make reservations right beforehand.

26. Re: AVE Madrid to Seville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 14, 2014