We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville-Lisbon by bus

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mission Viejo...
reviews: 29
Seville-Lisbon by bus

I know that this is something that can be done, and I'm considering opting for the overnight bus.

However, I was curious if anyone knew about the buses themselves that they use on this route.

Are there restrooms on board?

I'm sure they make stops, but I know it's kind of a long trip, so was just wondering if they had WCs on board.

Thanks.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,419
1. Re: Seville-Lisbon by bus

Surfrider:

Most buses in Spain do not have toilets on board. However on long trips the buses stop at towns where there are cafeterias.

Seville, Andalucia...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Seville-Lisbon by bus

I'd say most buses in Spain covering long distances do have restrooms nowadays.

Sevilla
3. Re: Seville-Lisbon by bus

I have done the Seville - Lisbon overnight bus. (In fact we went on to Porto.) Yes there is a toilet on the bus and yes, rest stops are made every 2/3 hours or so.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
4. Re: Seville-Lisbon by bus

The vehicles used are motor-coaches with large reclining seats. They have to stop every 2 or 3 hours to change drivers and passengers get 10/15 minutes at the same time. However the stops are made at very disagreeable hours.

I recommend you take at least a large bottle of water on board!

Mission Viejo...
reviews: 29
5. Re: Seville-Lisbon by bus

Thanks, everyone!

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 58
6. Re: Seville-Lisbon by bus

We took the bus from seville to Lisboa (overnight). There is a stop at a major rest stop along the highway. I do find the bus the service to be safe and reliable.

The bus bus arrived in Lisbon bus terminal early in the morning (5am?)

Hopefully, the hotel will let you check in without charging you.

7. Re: Seville-Lisbon by bus

Does an advanced buying of tickets necessary? I am thinking of staying at Seville for two days and buy tickets when we arrive.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
8. Re: Seville-Lisbon by bus

The buses I have seen rarely have more than twenty or so passengers on board, but buying a ticket in advance is usually a good idea especially around major holiday periods as you never know when there may be surge of passengers. If you do buy a ticket on the day of travel allow plenty of time at the bus station ticket office as lines can sometimes be very long.

Debrecen, Hungary
reviews: 2
9. Re: Seville-Lisbon by bus

Hello everyone,

We are also planning to take the overnight bus from Seville to Lisbon. Since we are only two girls traveling at midnight in the winter (meaning there won't be many passengers), and the increased rate of kidnap & rape in the bus, I'm a bit worried and concerned (actually a lot)

Are they safe and reliable? Even when there are only 10-20 passengers?

Anyone else has taken the overnight bus in winter?

Thank you so much in advance.

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
reviews: 36
10. Re: Seville-Lisbon by bus

The overnight buses on the Iberian Peninsula in my opinion are safe for all travelers.

I have done Lagos - Seville - Madrid overnight and everyone just slept.

Actually, my wife traveled overnight last night from Vale Paraiso (Albufeira) to Lisbon Oriente on the 02:00 departure with only a few people on board, (mainly men) and there was no problem.

Most drivers are in mobile phone contact with both their bases and the police so at the first sign of any trouble help would be called.