We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville wedding officiates and sites

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pocatello, Idaho
Seville wedding officiates and sites

Buenas tardes,

My partner and I have been together for 9 years, and have a son together. We are planning on being in Europe from Nov 17 through Nov 25, and would like to be married in Seville. We will be traveling alone, an 'elopement,' but with the blessing of our families. It is not important for us to be married legally, just to have a nice ceremony in a beautiful spot. We'll be writing our own vows, and have no religious affiliation. No reception is planned, as it's just the two of us. We are wondering whether we need to make any arrangements ahead of time, specifically regarding finding someone to officiate the ceremony, which, again, does not need to be 'legally binding.' We both speak Spanish well, so language is not a barrier. We would prefer someone whom is comfortable with same-sex marriages, because this is a major reason we've never married in the US. Thank you for any information you might provide ahead of time. We have both been to Spain, but not since the 1990s, so would also like suggestions regarding sites within or outside of Seville for a ceremony. Thanks so much!

Seville, Andalucia...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Seville wedding officiates and sites

I'd like to help but don't really get what you want, e.g. would it be OK for you to hire an actor?

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 22
2. Re: Seville wedding officiates and sites

as you probably know, same-sex marriages are legal in Spain. However, same rules apply, and one of these rules is the fact that at least one of the people to get married is legally registered in the city where you want to get married. Another possibility to have a legal marriage in Spain, if none of you is a legal resident in Seville, is to get married by one of the religious confessions that have an agreement with Spain. But as you say you are not religiously affiliated, that's going to be difficult. As Fernando M said, the only real possibility that I see is an actor.

I don't know of any actor doing this, but you can maybe give it a try at the official Actor's Union of Andalusia http://www.uniondeactoresdeandalucia.com/

Good chance and I hope you have a wonderful time in Seville!

yorkshire
reviews: 93
3. Re: Seville wedding officiates and sites

Hiring an actor - who would have thought - i think this is a great idea!! especially if you are not bothered about a legal ceromony. And to do it in such a beautiful city wow! Ide be spoilt for choice as to where to have it. Take plenty of pics.

Edited: 9:34 pm, October 10, 2012
Pocatello, Idaho
4. Re: Seville wedding officiates and sites

Hi everyone, and thank you for your replies...

I saw an older post on this site that mentioned their wedding officiant would be a 'Humanist' minister...I looked into it a bit, but haven't been able to find one listed in Seville. Any ideas? HS

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 22
5. Re: Seville wedding officiates and sites

I think they are big in Costa del Sol / Malaga, where there are lots of foreigners wanting to get married there (mainly British). It's just 2 hours away from Seville and pretty nice as well, so you can always return to seville for your honeymoon. Or maybe you can talk to them and tell them to organise your wedding in Seville instead!

check "humanist minister costa del sol" in google.

I checked for the same in seville, but I couldn't find anything. Seville doesnt have such a big inmigrant population and it'll difficult to find this.

6. Re: Seville wedding officiates and sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, December 15, 2013