We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Congratulations to Myscreen123, the new DE for Seville

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,678
Congratulations to Myscreen123, the new DE for Seville

Myscreen123:

You know Seville intimately since you grew up there. You will make a very good destination expert for Seville. Congratulations.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 23
1. Re: Congratulations to Myscreen123, the new DE for Seville

Thanks Benny! I'm happy to be a DE for Seville, a city with lots of things to offer and live. I'll try to transmit that feeling to all TA users.

Lennoxtown
reviews: 2
2. Re: Congratulations to Myscreen123, the new DE for Seville

Congratulations Myscreen. Sevilla is a beautiful city. I have, unfortunately, only spent an afternoon in the city centre when my boys and I came up by train during one of our holidays in Chiclana de la Frontera when we inadvertently stumbled upon Sevilla FC's ground and the boys were quite happy to buy some merchandise in the shop there. That of course left next to no time for anything that I wanted to see but we had a lovely lunch in a traditional tapas bar and then found an ice cream parlour with possibly the best ice cream in the world (next to the Heladeria at Balcon de Europa). I would love to visit again and see the more historical parts of the city.

Here is a question for our new DE. If I drive over to Sevilla from Olvera next month where would I be best to park the car to get to the historical area of the city or would I be better to park and get the train in from nearby. If the train, I know I don't want to get off at Santa Justa because that would take me to where I have already been, where would I get off to see the historical sites.

Muchisimas gracias. Lindsay

Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 233
3. Re: Congratulations to Myscreen123, the new DE for Seville

Congrats myscreen123!

You are so helpful and knowledgeable on TA Spain. See you around on all the forums!

Torrox, Spain
reviews: 47
4. Re: Congratulations to Myscreen123, the new DE for Seville

Congratulations from me too! You obviously have a lot of good knowledge to add to the Spanish forums and I will be watching your Seville posts with great interest.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 23
5. Re: Congratulations to Myscreen123, the new DE for Seville

Thanks to all.

Answering Lindsay, two options:

- One is to park in the underground parking in Avenida de Roma (just in front of Alfonso XIII hotel). From there walk to Puerta de Jerez and follow Avenida de la Constitucion to reach the Cathedral, Alcazar, Plaza Nueva, etc.

- Another option is to park in the free parking in Condequinto metro station (if you are coming from Carretera de Utrera, you'll see signs to Condequinto, then the metro stop is very close to the Carretera itself, in Avenida de Condequinto). From there take the metro and stop at Puerta de Jerez. That will allow you to avoid traffic.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 213
6. Re: Congratulations to Myscreen123, the new DE for Seville

Good news ! Keep up the good work Myscreen. Seville is a large place so you will be sure to get plenty of questions but others can help as and when.

The advice for Lindsay is great. The road up via Utrera by pass is best and the Metro station at Condequinto should be ideal. I did a Google map showing the route from Olvera ;-)

http://goo.gl/maps/icKmz

Lennoxtown
7. Re: Congratulations to Myscreen123, the new DE for Seville

Thank you Myscreen and Cadiz_Lover I know the road from Olvera as far as the junction where you turn right towards Puerto Serrano. In addition to the one afternoon my boys and I have spent in Sevilla I flew in and out of Sevilla summer 2010 and drove down to and back from Chiclana so I have been over the motorway system around the city from the south up to and beyond the airport heading from Carmona where we also spent a lovely afternoon. On the way home that year we stayed in the Hotel Sevilla Congresos overnight as we had an early flight to catch. I am quite keen to see the older part of the city and will hopefully pay another little visit next month which will of course leave plenty more to see on further visits.

Saludos. Lindsay

Dundalk, Ireland
reviews: 13
8. Re: Congratulations to Myscreen123, the new DE for Seville

Well done Myscreen

Hope to be back in Seville and Andalucia next Easter

So sad to see the lose of life and damage from the floods around the Malaga area

I think all forum members thoughts go out to them and there family`s

Lambo

Lennoxtown
9. Re: Congratulations to Myscreen123, the new DE for Seville

Hi, just had a good look at the map Cadiz_Lover. Am I right in thinking that the metro station is on C/- del Historiador Juan Manzano and if I set my SatNav for this I should be okay. Thank you.

Lindsay

Lennoxtown
10. Re: Congratulations to Myscreen123, the new DE for Seville

Did I choose the right day to go to Sevilla? That is a resounding no!!!

Tried setting my SatNav for Avenida de Condequinto but it did not recognise the street name. So I started ploughing my way through the 'Points of Interest' section to see if it had metro stations - no joy. I decided just to drive to Utrera and take it from there. I saw a sign for the RENFE station but not the metro so I stopped and asked a local couple, he looked quite bemused at me asking for directions to the metro station and suggested I was looking for RENFE so that is what I did. Parked just beyond the RENFE station, rain was threatening. By the time the train got to Santa Justa it could not have rained any harder if it tried. We decided to have lunch in the train station and see what it was doing after our bocadillas. Poked my nose back outside and raining cats and dogs would not suffice as a description, will try again next year. I did, however, take a couple of pictures of a rainy Sevilla just to prove that I made the effort and they will be on my Facebook along with all the others taken this trip.

We had nine beautiful days, the last three were heavy rain along with thunder and lightening. We went to Ronda which was lovely. I have always avoided Ronda in the summer as it is packed with tourists and their coaches. In October it was just perfect. Also took a little trip to Zahara de la Sierra and dragged my son all the way to the top to the castillo. Had to bribe him with lunch or the walk would not have happened. Had lunch in a lovely bar close to the church beyond the ayuntamiento which has a glazed balcony overlooking Lake Zahara.

Next July just can't come quick enough.

Muchisimas gracias, Lindsay.

Edited: 11:20 am, October 30, 2012