We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels and rental car parking in Seville

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Hotels and rental car parking in Seville

I am planning to drive a rental car from Portugal to Seville for a few days and then return to Portugal. I would like a recommendation for some hotels in the city that have parking facilities, or is it okay to stay in the Barrio Santa Cruz and park nearby? I have read some warnings about car break-ins and I'm a bit nervous both about that and driving in the old quarter.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
1. Re: Hotels and rental car parking in Seville

Wow. 4 postings about the same subject :-))

I agree with you that worrying about a car in Seville is the last thing you need, even if it's not your own ! Driving in the central older parts of the city can be quite confusing. I have driven around once only to find myself at the same place after 20 minutes of being lost !

Parking can also be quite expensive. If you do not need your car whilst you stay in the centre, then perhaps find a safe place to park on some of the wider roads just a few kms away and take a taxi or bus into the centre? But if you want real peace of mind, find a suitable hotel with private parking as close to the centre as possible. I am sure that there will be dozens to choose from. Just to give you one example. there is an IBIS (French hotel chain) hotel on the road leading into Seville from the Cordoba/airport direction just near the circumnavigation road. It has its own car park and is reasonably priced and a taxi intothe centre wont be much. Even a bus could be possible.

Another exampe, on the other side of Seville just off the Avenid Palmera which is the main road from the south (Cadiz/Jerez) and off junc.8 on the circumnavigation is Silken Al-Andalus Hotel. You can get a bus 34 from this hotel into the very centre of Seville for 1 Euro. Large modern hotel and comfortable with it's own basement car park or you can park in the road outside but for security, obviously don't leave anything on show.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 35
2. Re: Hotels and rental car parking in Seville

Be very careful parking on the streets of Seville. We parked our car for a few minutes outside our hotel in the Santa Cruz area. All our belongings were locked in the trunk, nothing was visible. While checking in we heard a commotion outside and came out to discover the car window was smashed and the thief had somehow got into the trunk via the back seat. He had managed to grab as much as he could before being chased off by a passerby. In the end he dropped everything except my new Nike trainers. We believe the thief/thieves had followed us around in their car, waiting for us to stop, as soon as we did they pounced. This is not unusual as the Santa Cruz area is quite difficult to drive in, especially for a stranger. Plus our car had UK number plates & we were driving very carefully, looking for our hotel. We were sitting ducks to these highly experienced car muggers. In the end we put the car in an underground car park for the duration of our stay.

Seville is a wonderful City, one of our favourites in Spain, especially the Santa Cruz area....but please be alert at all times, either with your car or personal belongings, bags, wallets etc. Like most Cities there are plenty of undesirables just waiting to catch you unawares.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
3. Re: Hotels and rental car parking in Seville

Looking lost in an English right hand drive car in the Barrio Santa Cruz is certainly temptation too much for those opportunist thieves. But they are in many places sadly, and not only Seville. It only takes a brick to open the back door of a car and for the rear seat to be folded down. Grab and off. I have noticed that my normal rental car company in Andalucia no longer puts any advertising or identification showing that it is a rental car. They used to have an obvious sticker on the windscreen and on the back. They must have learnt the lesson the hard way. In Andalucia you often see guys - normally very thin and wearing some kind of baseball hat - directing cars to spaces along the pavement. I am told that they are accepted but to me they are a nuisance.I don't know what may happen if you don't give them some small change - after you have been shown an obvious space that you would have gone to anyway ! Never tried it. Always given 50 centimos and looked confident.

Driving a car from Portugal may not be quite as 'obvious' as one from UK but nevertheless it is a worry.

Seattle
4. Re: Hotels and rental car parking in Seville

Thank you everyone. After reading your comments, I've decided to book my stay at the Silken Al-Andalus and will bus or taxi into the Center. I'm looking forward to Seville!

Faro, Portugal
reviews: 20
5. Re: Hotels and rental car parking in Seville

I live in Portugal and often go to Seville for the week-end (we are going on 17th and 18th Feb.), and usually stay in Barrio Santa Cruz. We always park in one of the underground car parks (around 14 euros a day) and we then walk everywhere.

Whilst obviously you have to be vigilant everywhere in the world these days, we have never had a problem in Seville with the car or our own personal safety.

Have a great time - it is a beautiful, vibrant city.

New Jersey
6. Re: Hotels and rental car parking in Seville

SeattleRose: My wife and I are making the same trip in May (Lisbon to Seville then back to Lisbon through the Algarve). We are staying at the Amadeus hotel (I am unsure of the area). If you can pass along any particulars about parking, through your own experiences there, I would be most indebted.

Thanks!