We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the bus from Granada to the coast go along the highway?

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milan, Italy
Does the bus from Granada to the coast go along the highway?

After visiting Granada, my girlfriend and I are going to Nerja (next to Malaga). I've seen that the bus of http://www.alsa.es/ go from Granada to the coast but I don't know whether it goes by the highway A44 or throught the old N323. This might be important for me, 'cause my girlfriend has bus sickness if there are too many curves coming from the mountains of Granada, so it would be important for me knowing whether the bus goes along the highway or not.

Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Oswestry, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Does the bus from Granada to the coast go along the highway?

I think there are several different routes.

All I can offer is - when you have the schedules in front of you click on show under itinerary against any journey time and a pop up appears showing where the bus visits on the route.

Milan, Italy
2. Re: Does the bus from Granada to the coast go along the highway?

Ok, but from the map of the schedule you can't understand whether the bus goes along the highway for a while or never

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 213
3. Re: Does the bus from Granada to the coast go along the highway?

Depends on which bus you take as stopping places are different. The road is also varied once you reach near the coast for example look at the route of the 1pm bus . I think you will need to ask your g/f if she can take any car sickness medication? Has she thought about this?

Milan, Italy
4. Re: Does the bus from Granada to the coast go along the highway?

Ok. The 1pm bus goes directly from Granada to Salobreña so I do suppose it's going along the highway...

London England
Destination Expert
for Granada
reviews: 3
5. Re: Does the bus from Granada to the coast go along the highway?

It goes on the highway / motorway

It does NOT take the windy mountain road.

Wauchope, Australia
reviews: 6
6. Re: Does the bus from Granada to the coast go along the highway?

We caught the alsa bus from Granada to Malaga last week. 2 hours and the only stops were Malaga bus Station and then the airport. Smooth highway all the way that was not along the coast.There were many buses throughout the day. Hope this helps.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 18
7. Re: Does the bus from Granada to the coast go along the highway?

Our trip by bus from Granada to Nerja (departure time 17.30) took the route through the mountains . A hairy and scary trip , stopping at Almuncar (?) on the way to Nerja . A good guide to the routé would be travel time , in excess of 2 hours probably means not the highway route .

London England
Destination Expert
for Granada
reviews: 3
8. Re: Does the bus from Granada to the coast go along the highway?

I suffer from vertigo and being on the massive bridges on the highway could make my legs tingle

See photo

granadafoto.net/index.php/…three_bridges

It is not possible to go from from Granada to Nerja without going through mountains.

Granada is 675 metres Nerja is 0.

If you went on the old mountain road called "carretera de la cabra" (the goat road) you would have passed through Jete and Otivar. However hardly any buses go that way unless you actually want to go to Jete and Otivar.

Spain is a very mountainous country.

If you hate mountains try Castilla de la Mancha.

Cuenca is very pleasant.

Reply to: Does the bus from Granada to the coast go along the highway?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted