We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GPSTravelMaps not worth the money

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Junction...
GPSTravelMaps not worth the money

Just wasted $20 for a GPS map for Grenada to run on a Garmin Nuvi. Thank goodness I didn't order the Trinidad/Tobago map (for $30!). Purchased this 'expensive' map because I wasn't happy with detail on the much less expensive apps that will run on an IPhone or an Android. The GPSTravelMap had no more detail than the $7 or $3 maps you can get from Amazon for an Android. So won't take my Nuvi on upcoming trip because it won't help any more than what I will already have -- an Android phone.

6 replies to this topic
Grand Junction...
1. Re: GPSTravelMaps not worth the money

I'm not sure this is a fair assessment of the map. Looking at their customer reviews, the most recent ones are positive for the map on Garmin. …gpstravelmaps.com/Grenada-Garmin-GPS-Map-p/…

GPSTravelMaps has been responsive to people in the past that have had issues with their maps and others seem to give them good reviews. If you contact them, I'm sure they'll get whatever issue you have sorted for you so you can enjoy your trip as you've planned.

London England
Destination Expert
for Granada
reviews: 3
2. Re: GPSTravelMaps not worth the money

Google maps are available without any installation.

Actually buying maps sounds like a scam.

If you use mytrails in combination with https://www.frogsparks.com/

you can download all the maps of Spain for free.

The maps are the idee maps http://www.idee.es/

I am sorry to be only able to offer you the leads to put you in the right direction but if you install mytrails the rest should be easy to download.

To be honest I don't understand this very well because my wife always installs the maps onto her android HTC 1 and I don't exavctly know how she does it.

The maps are very good and are very useful when walking in the mountains.

However for a trip to the city of Granada maps are less useful. In fact if you spend to much time concentrating on you map it may actually detract from your enjoyment.

3. Re: GPSTravelMaps not worth the money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:01 pm, April 17, 2014

Takapuna, New...
reviews: 35
4. Re: GPSTravelMaps not worth the money

Never used GPSTravelMaps but I believe that "a network of travellers and local residents in many of the countries that assist us to understand the changing conditions of the roads and improve upon point of interest locations" is marketing speak for "we rely on you lot out there to tell us if something changes".

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
5. Re: GPSTravelMaps not worth the money

It's funny that the original comment about the map being a waste of money was posted in the wrong location entirely. The guy was talking about Grenada in the Caribbean. LOL No wonder mapping is a problem. Granada in Spain must be several thousand miles away. :-)

6. Re: GPSTravelMaps not worth the money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:55 pm, April 17, 2014

Reply to: GPSTravelMaps not worth the money
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted