We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra Australia
reviews: 1
Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra

I have just tried to book tickets to visit the Alhambra in January. After getting error messages using the website I emailed ticketmaster for help. They advised that I try phone booking which I did, only to have my MasterCard not accepted by this method either. The woman I spoke with advised that all Australian credit cards had been blocked by ticketmaster Spain. I have previously used this credit card successfully to make international payments so it seems that it is only a ticketmaster issue. It leaves me with very few options other than booking a tour or trying to purchase a granada city card.

Has any other australian had a similar issue?

68 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 204
1. Re: Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra

Just in case this helps I read this on Ticketmaster web:

…ticketmaster.es/help/…

You could check with your bank to clarify things ?

San Francisco...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra

just a thought, had you notified your credit card company that you would be making purchases in Spain online from Australia? When I tried to book at opera in Verona (Italy) last year, my card was rejected. I called my credit car company and they told me they blocked it because they'd had no prior notice that i would be making "out-of-the-country" purchases. I gave them my dates (iI always do this and I'm sure you do too, but often they won't accept your vacation dates before a certain time period.) and they told me to retry, and voilá, it worked.

(ironically, that credit card ended up taking a vacation to Brazil without me just a week before our trip to Italy!)

Brisbane
3. Re: Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra

I am having exactly the same problem as you. I have emailed Ticket master but rec'd no repsonse. I have now emailed the hotel I will be staying at to see if they will puchase on my behalf.

Brisbane
4. Re: Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra

I am having exactly the same problem. Other options are asking your hotel to purchase tickets on your behalf, purchasing tickets when you first arrive in spain at the ATMs or buying through other ticket agencies (and paying their market ups)

Canberra Australia
5. Re: Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra

Hi thank you for your replies. I contacted my bank to see whether they were aware of the issue - they weren't but could offer no help. I had previously asked the hotel if they could purchase tickets , but they said they couldn't offer that service. The woman from ticketmaster who advised me that my credit card would not work with their system, also told me that it would not work in the automatic tellers that can be used to buy Alhambra tickets and that I would only be able to line up on the day and pay by cash.

I have contacted an acquaintance of mine who lives in Spain to see whether they can purchase the tickets for me, otherwise will be looking at buying the city ticket or a guided tour.

I am just so amazed that they can block an entire country's credit cards AND that they don't tell you that is the problem when they generate an error message - just "try again later"

Wagga Wagga...
reviews: 110
6. Re: Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra

I've just bought tickets for January on an Australia c/card with no issues - might be worth trying again?

Canberra Australia
7. Re: Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra

Hi TMBHL_on_the_go

I am amazed and jealous. What type of card did you use?

Wagga Wagga...
reviews: 110
8. Re: Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra

Sent you a PM :)

Sydney
reviews: 37
9. Re: Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra

I had also successfully purchased tickets using a Westpac Visa credit card with ticketmaster (night and day Alhambra tickets, and also Sagrada Familia as well). And I have also managed to collect tickets on the ticket machines with the same card in the Alhambra store on Calle Reyes Católicos in the city centre the day before the visit.

Sydney
reviews: 27
10. Re: Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra

Just like KCH I successfully purchased tickets using a MasterCard credit card with ticketmaster for Alhambra tickets,. And I also collected tickets on the ticket machines with the same card in the Alhambra store on Calle Reyes Católicos in the city centre the day before the visit, yesterday

Reply to: Ticketmaster rejecting Australian credit cards for Alhambra
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted