We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Granada to Madrid

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Train from Granada to Madrid

I will be taking a train from Granada to Madrid in July. I've searched the Renfe website so trains on the day I'm planning to travel and nothing show up. I've seen other people post that their is indeed a train from Granada to Madrid. Is there a reason it is not showing up? Does it not run everyday or does Renfe only allow you to purchase a certain amount of days in advance? Thanks!

Fountain Hills...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
1. Re: Train from Granada to Madrid

you will need to travel to Seville and change there for a train to Madrid.

Hermosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Andalucia
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Train from Granada to Madrid

Sorry but the previous poster is incorrect. There is absolutely no need to go via Sevilla to travel from Granada to Madrid by train. The summer timetables have likely not been posted which is why they are not showing up.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
15,051 posts
255 reviews
3. Re: Train from Granada to Madrid

There are normally two trains per day from Granada to Madrid leaving at 09.10 and 18.05 taking around 4 1/2 hours. The schedule will be published soon I am sure so look again later.

Many travellers between these cities like the bus route and you have all the times on :

The cheapest bus stops at a place called ALMURADIEL for a rest stop about half way through the journey. The more expensive ones are non stop with on board facilities (and leather seats).

New York City
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Train from Granada to Madrid

Thanks all! I'm actually thinking about taking the bus now since it seems like the better choice.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Train from Granada to Madrid

I'm taking the 9:10 train tomorrow I can let you know how it is but I have been very impressed by the trains in Spain thus far. If you get a promo fare (like I did, 20 euros and change), the train seemed like the better option for me when I was planning

6. Re: Train from Granada to Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 12, 2014