We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting tickets to Alhambra

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 7
Getting tickets to Alhambra

Im trying to buy advance tickets to Alhambra on 28th March through http://www.ticketmaster.es but the date seemed to be sold out! Will it be possible to actually buy tickets on the day itself at Alhambra? Or should I join a tour to ensure that I am able to tour the place? I am on a one day trip to Granada specially for this and I really do not wish to miss this. Any advice?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,711
1. Re: Getting tickets to Alhambra

pumpkin:

You can join a tour or ask your hotel if they have any tickets.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 216
2. Re: Getting tickets to Alhambra

I know that people in your position have sometimes bought a BONO TURISTICO GRANADA CARD - seemed to work and perhaps cheaper than going through the guided tour route.

granadatur.com/en/…

There are tickets available on the day however it will mean going to the main entrance pavilion for the Alhambra very early because as it is Easter week there may be hundreds of others in same position as yourself. Maybe if you are up joining a queue by 7.30 am it is ok but have never done this myself.

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 14
3. Re: Getting tickets to Alhambra

I have asked my hotel in granada about the ticket to alhambra on 26th march. The hotell email me and asked for my credit card no and security no . is this acceptable??? what should i do..i do not want to miss Alhmbra trip..this is my first time here.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
4. Re: Getting tickets to Alhambra

It would be interesting to hear from anybody else who has asked their Granada hotel to obtain Alhambra tickets and whether the same request is made especially releasing the security number.

I can understand that you are making a commitment to purchase something and the hotel will have a system to ensure that when they purchase the tickets on your behalf then it is you who is paying for them up front. This is just like yourself paying directly using Ticketmaster web site. They ask you to input the same info.

Maybe the hotel in Granada (and other hotels) have a specific purchasing method which allows them to buy tickets outside the general public normal Ticketmaster route ? But they still need to have the purchase authorized and physically achieved rather than paying on behalf of the customer and then finding that the customer couldn't make it to the hotel after all.

I have many times used my CC for making purchases using web type forms and never felt uneasy but as you are clearly worried then perhaps you should telephone the hotel and discuss with them and then pass your detail directly by phone.

Personally I would just consider the standard of the hotel and whether I was confident they were people I am happy to stay with under their roof and if so would not mind passing my CC detail so I could visit the Alhambra.

Moscow
reviews: 10
5. Re: Getting tickets to Alhambra

Pumpkinified:

for you this info is useless, the 26 th of March is far behind, but future travellers may find it useful:

if Granada is not the first city of your trip around Spain, you may buy tickets several days in advance in any city in Spain through a broadnet of LA CAIXA (ATM)

Las Alpujarras...
6. Re: Getting tickets to Alhambra

Hi,

A little late but should help others,

I run a walking holiday company in Las Alpujarras and we often go to the Alhambra with guests. If the ticketmaster site is full (which is more often the case nowadays) then chances are the hotel you are staying in will have access to a different ticket website where they can check for you. I use this with the hotels I use and they nearly always have tickets left for the day you want. They will ask for a credit card and your passport number and give you a paper voucher to present at the Alhambra ticket office. They will use your credit card to verify the tickets. (this is all due to stopping ticket touts buying up all the tickets and selling them on the day for a lot more, which they used to)

Or

Book well in advance as since ticketmaster have taken over the site there seems to be a lot less for sale over the internet.

Or

you can chance it and go on the day and buy direct from the ticket office, if its out of season and mid week should not be a problem.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Dan

www.ibextrex.com

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 14
7. Re: Getting tickets to Alhambra

Came back from the trip.

I DID NOT buy the my ticket from the tour.decide to take the risk and buy myself on site.

Despite the long line up since 7.30am ((longline of people) got the ticket for 9am nasrid.! surpise ..surprise..

wonderful and amazing site..but the place is full of tourist.,sigh!

London England
Destination Expert
for Granada
reviews: 3
8. Re: Getting tickets to Alhambra

Have a look at this.

Is it still true?

http://granadaforo.com/what-to-do-in-granada/no-tickets-left-to-the-alhambra-help!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
9. Re: Getting tickets to Alhambra

steven -- i think people who travel vast distances to visit the Alhambra should ideally already have done the purchase online before they even arrive in Granada. If they arrive into Granada without any pre booked ticket then going to the main entrance at the Alhambra is one way of gaining access but clearly not the only way. The number of tickets sold through Ticketmaster is limited and a certain percentage is made available for direct sale at the Alhambra main entrance. The big question is how fast those tickets sell. I have been through the main entrance mid morning and seen the notice saying no more tickets (having already got mine in hand) . So this is all a gamble and in slack times of the year such as a wintry day in February it will be much easier to stroll in to buy entry tickets. During busy days at peak tourism times it will be very difficult unless you get to the ticket office really early. Nobody is going to tell you in advance how many people are going to arrive at the Alhambra at such and such a time wanting a ticket. And nobody is going to know how many tickets are available at any specific time at the main entrance !

As we all know, the best way is to pre book your ticket and choose your time to suit your own schedule on the Ticketmaster web in advance.

Australia
reviews: 40
10. Re: Getting tickets to Alhambra

My daughter lives in Granada. She was able to go to the shop & buy tickets two days in advance last week for some friends who are visiting. I've told her to buy my tickets early so I don't miss out during my trip in 3 weeks time, but she assures me the tickets are easy to get & not to panic. Is this a local thing? Do Ticketmaster only sell a small percentage of tickets hence the sell-out well in advance?