We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corpus Christi in Granada

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
reviews: 14
Corpus Christi in Granada

We can be flexible with our dates but we were intending to spend 3 nights in Granada arriving 29 May.I have since discovered that Corpus Christi is celebrated on30 May and there is also a fair on the outskirts of Granada.

Will the procession be worth seeing or would Granada and the Alhambra be much more busy than usual?

We could spend a couple of days instead in Cordoba which is on the way from Madrid and arrive in Granada a bit later.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
reviews: 2,608
1. Re: Corpus Christi in Granada

ozval:

Yes, the procession is worth seeing. The Alhambra will not be more busy than usual. It is a good idea to buy your tickets way ahead of time. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

australia
reviews: 14
2. Re: Corpus Christi in Granada

Thank you.Do you know if the procession in the morning or afternoon of the 30th?

I will certainly book the Alhambra tickets online at the end of this month-I had a look and all of April is already booked out.

Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 84
3. Re: Corpus Christi in Granada

Hello. We are in Granada at present and contrary to what I have also seen on a website about Corpus Cristi this year, it is in fact to be held on 24 may, not 30 may.

Granada, Spain
4. Re: Corpus Christi in Granada

I'm afraid you've been misinformed: Corpus will not be held on the 24th - the Granada feria is a week-long festival, which will start this year on the 25th. However, the two main processions are on the Wednesday and Thursday of the following week (29th and 30th). The one on the Wednesday is a carnival-like affair, and involves a dragon and the Tarasca. The one on the Thursday is Corpus itself, i.e. the religious festival. So yes, Corpus is on the 30th.

5. Re: Corpus Christi in Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 22, 2014