We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada to Algeciras

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Regina, Canada
reviews: 7
Granada to Algeciras

Hello TA friends.I have completed a search on TA regarding this topic and have a few questions.

1. Train or bus?

2 If I were to take the train can I take the early morning train via Ronda and stop off in Ronda then take a later train to Algeciras. Can I book this type of a trip on Renfre (stopover)? If I were to do this is there a left luggage place in Ronda.

3. If I were to take the bus how soon should I book for a March 30th departure?

Thanks for your help.

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Granada to Algeciras

I think by memory on the mediadistancia trains you are allocated a seat, therefore you would have to pay two sector train fares.

www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html Intermediate train stops use the "Find all Stations"

Bus Granada to Algeciras www.alsa.es

Bus Granada to Ronda www.losamarillos.es

Bus Ronda to Algeciras www.tgcomes.es

You can book bus journies in Spain the day before travel

There is luggage storage at the Ronda bus station about four blocks from the train station

www.turismoderonda.com

Edited: 1:40 am, January 15, 2013
Oswestry, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Granada to Algeciras

1. Train swings it for me for more scenery and comfort.

2. You cannot break your journey without the purchase of a new ticket. There is certainly luggage storage at the bus station but there is contradictory info. about the train station and no indication of such on the ADIF website.

3. As soon as you like for peace of mind, but I have not booked a bus any earlier than the day before, in 30 some years.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 195
3. Re: Granada to Algeciras

The best way and in fact the only direct way between Granada and Ronda to my knowledge is the train and yes if you take the first train then walk up the road to the bus station where you will find lockers. Go to the small kiosk shop for the key payment. No storage at train station unless things have changed very recently.

Also I should mention the buses - to Algeciras there is one very slow service from memory down to Algeciras from Ronda and the train is the best way. The line was built originally to serve the garrison at Gibraltar for R&R up in the fresher air of Ronda.

More bus info on Ronda Turismo:

turismoderonda.es/informacion/pdf/horarioaut…

Regina, Canada
4. Re: Granada to Algeciras

I have attempted to look up the times and prices for Granada to Ronda by train but am having difficulties. Ronda is only listed in the "find all destination" drop down menu, but when you click on it, it only shows up as a departure, not arrival. What am I doing wrong. The virtual assistant was not helpful.

BTW, I was able to find information from Ronda to Algeciras but not from Granada to Ronda.

Oswestry, United...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Granada to Algeciras

I do not really understand where or why you are failing.

As succinctly as I can - if you are here - http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html - use 'Purchase'.

Edited: 3:37 am, January 16, 2013
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 195
6. Re: Granada to Algeciras

There are two stages for the Find all Stations. First choose the Departure, then on new window the arrival. This should show you the few trains that are used on this segment Clicking on the Query and Buy for each train you can see the prices. The cost is shown as just under €20 single.

Regina, Canada
7. Re: Granada to Algeciras

Thanks Cadiz. Your directions worked.

White Bear Lake...
reviews: 25
8. Re: Granada to Algeciras

I was in Ronda late December 2012 and can confirm that what Cadiz indicated was still the case. There is no left luggage (consigna) at the train station but the bus station does have left luggage services available. There are lockers for smaller hand luggage and a closet you can pay to leave your things in for larger suitcases.

Edited: 3:54 pm, April 01, 2013
9. Re: Granada to Algeciras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 03, 2014