We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville airport to Granada

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 12
Seville airport to Granada

Hi -

Apologies if this is a duplicate question but wasn't able to find the answer to this. We land in Seville airport around 11am and are looking to go directly to Granada. Is this an easy drive? I looked at the train timetables and unfortunately the timing would require us to kill ~4 hours. I assume there may be bus options, but would it be much quicker to grab a rental car and just drive directly? My only concern is doing a lot drive while being tired coming in off a flight from the U.S.

Thank you in advance for your help.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 205
1. Re: Seville airport to Granada

There is a bus that leaves from Prado de San Sebastian bus station at 14.30 and arrives into Granada by 17.30 which to me at least makes more sense after a transatlantic flight.

Hermosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Andalucia
reviews: 24
2. Re: Seville airport to Granada

If you land on time into Sevilla I'd grab a taxi and go to the Plaza de Armas bus station - there's also a noon bus that you could very likely make. It gets into Granada at 3pm. After a transatlantic flight I'd rather pay 25 euro or so for a taxi to get me to the bus station if It means not having to wait another 2.5 hours. If you're not able to land and get your luggage by 11:30 then it's probably a better bet to wait for the 14:30 bus - just note that at leaves from the Prado de San Sebastian bus station.

I wouldn't bother with renting a car especially since you don't need it within the cities and will be jetlagged.

Chicago, Illinois
3. Re: Seville airport to Granada

Thank you both for your quick response! Sounds like one of the two bus options is the way to go. We are going to drive back from Granada to Seville through Ronda but based off this I'll likely rent the car in Granada and just take the bus there.

Thanks again!

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
reviews: 23
4. Re: Seville airport to Granada

I would also go by bus. Or by train, because going to Seville train station from the airport is even quicker (10 mins or so in a taxi)

you can also rent a car in Seville's airport if you want, you are in the good side of the city (north east) but you'll have to change from A4 to A92 highway, but it's an easy change. Then to Granada it's a 2h30min drive, good highway.

I would not rent a car for staying in Granada or Seville, as it becomes more of a hassle, very difficult parking and driving and you really don't need it as both are very walkable and with great public transport. You can also do a daytrip to Ronda from Seville by bus.

Chicago, Illinois
5. Re: Seville airport to Granada

Thanks for the response. I think we will rent a car at the Seville airport and drive to Granada. Although we don't need it in Granada, our plan is to drive back to Seville through Ronda so the flexibility of the car will be nice. Picking up and dropping the car off in Seville seems to be cheaper than picking up in Granada, and we have free parking at our hotel in Granada.

6. Re: Seville airport to Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 26, 2014