We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice re Alhambra visit

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gibraltar
reviews: 12
Advice re Alhambra visit

We are visiting Granada in February and obviously want to visit the Alhambra. But I am a little confused about tickets!

What is the best part of the day to buy tickets - morning or afternoon session? (particularly for better photographs)

What is the best time to visit the Nasrib Palace? And would you visit the palace at the start of chosen session, or leave it till end?

If I buy a morning session, for example, do I have to leave the Alhambra at 2pm? And vice versa, if I buy an afternoon session can I not enter the Alhambra till after 2pm?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 206
1. Re: Advice re Alhambra visit

Do read some of the info in the right hand column ? >>>>>>>

If you are an early riser and like walking then consider the morning session and fix a time to enter Nasrid palaces sooner rather than later during the morning session.

If you can walk up with your purchased tickets in hand then look at this map and walk up from Plaza Nueva up Cuesta Gomerez through No.1 on map and enter through Justice Gate No, 7.

planetware.com/map/alhambra-and-generalife-m…

The entry for Nasrid palaces is at No.10 on map. If you can enter the Alcazaba soon after official open time which is 08.30 then move to Nasrid by say 09.30 to 10.00 slot then onwards and upwards finishing at Generalife.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,538
2. Re: Advice re Alhambra visit

Jovizz:

I usually book to see the Nasrid Palace at 9:30 am, when I can get good light for photographs.

If you want to stay a long time, book at 11 am. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

Gibraltar
reviews: 12
3. Re: Advice re Alhambra visit

Thank you both, think I would prefer the morning session if the lighting is better, however not sure about an 8.30am start Cadiz-Lover as it will be the morning after our first night in Granada sampling the tapas and vino on offer! If we do book a 9.30 slot for Nasrid Palace and go there as our first port of call can we still have enough time afterwards to do Alcazaba and Generalife?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 206
4. Re: Advice re Alhambra visit

In that case, and if you are happy to walk up having already got your tickets in hand then why not make it 10am slot or even 10.30 ... you just need to enter the ticketed point at the Generalife before the 2pm cut off when only those with an afternoon session can enter.

west sussex
reviews: 3
5. Re: Advice re Alhambra visit

Dear both, we are going in April and also asking pretty much the samw question, so by what your saying is you have to book an exact time to see the Nasrid Palace, you can visit the other bits as you will......you can stay in the Genaralife into the afternoon session even if you have a morning ticket?

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 59
6. Re: Advice re Alhambra visit

Seagull, you are correct. We visited in Nov, entered the main gate at 11.00 but Nasrid time was 13.30 we stayed until around 15.30 before leaving the site.

7. Re: Advice re Alhambra visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 12, 2014