We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked and paid for flight but no plane!

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lanjarón...
Booked and paid for flight but no plane!

My brother was supposed fly to Granada from Gatwick today. Booked and paid for flight. Hispania Airlines took the money on th 14th but there is no flight at Gatwick! They are not answering their phones and he is now stuck at the airport.

Can anyone advise?

London, United...
reviews: 190
1. Re: Booked and paid for flight but no plane!

This is a great shame so close to Christmas. Looking at this company's Facebook page it seems that others who were supposed to travel today have had some contacts with the airline and apparently even the previous weekly scheduled flight on 14th out of Gatwick was cancelled and passengers who booked on that were told to turn up today for this non existent flight.

It is either a deplorable scam which I hope is not the case or just an incredibly poor piece of Spanish organisation. I can believe that with a small fledgling company like this you do risk a lot using them. They may only operate one plane and may find it impossible to find another at short notice especially over busy travel periods.

It is deplorable and this cannot do the airline any good whatsoever - frankly they should have immediately contacted customers to explain the problem and offer at least money back or try to help them with alternatives but seeing that today is the busiest day for people travelling out of London before the Xmas holidays it is going to be either very expensive or almost impossible.

Disaster.

London, United...
2. Re: Booked and paid for flight but no plane!

I noticed that the founder of the airline a Mr Luis Araque Rodríguez has very recently signed an agreement with Lawyers in Granada by the name of HISPACOLEX. Maybe he needs some good legal advice ?

http://www.hispacolex.com/01nhispacolex.php

According to this news report early Decemeber Mr Pedro Soriano the manager of the Granada airport (Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén) states that he is very happy with this new airline and his airport will provide all services needed.

ideal.es/granada/20121206/local/granada/hisp…

London, United...
3. Re: Booked and paid for flight but no plane!

It seems all is not right with Hispania airline's finances:

preferente.com/noticias-de-transportes/notic…

granadadigital.com/hispania-airways-cancela-…

London, England
reviews: 59
4. Re: Booked and paid for flight but no plane!

Mmmmm I wonder if those people will get their money back.

London, United...
5. Re: Booked and paid for flight but no plane!

They must contact this outfit as soon as possible if not done so already and claim the refund. The number to call is shown on the website. What a complete nonsense and shame that this episode delivers to those involved with promoting Granada and Andalucia.

It must surely have been obvious to anybody that starting a new airline requires much expertise and capital.

It is not like starting a taxi business.

I would question the way the Spanish authorities, whoever they may be, can grant a licence to fly for such an organisation. Perhaps they are too busy trying to besmirch Ryanair's name.

London, England
6. Re: Booked and paid for flight but no plane!

Whatever one says about Ryanair and there is plenty, at least their flights operate. I think this behaviour is unacceptable, particularly as many of those passengers would have been travelling home for Christmas.

We often fly into Seville, but would possibly use a direct flight to Gatwick from Granada if available. It would mean we could combine afew days in each place.

If Ryanair dropped the route it was probably because it was not economical to operate it.

London, United...
reviews: 11
7. Re: Booked and paid for flight but no plane!

I bought a ticket for a flight on Xmas eve and now feel like a complete mug. It was only because my brother saw a newspaper article on Spain that I knew I had to book another flight. It suddenly made sense of the fact that my emails and phone calls have not been answered in the last few weeks. I have emailed my replacement ticket for a refund, but surprise surprise no answer. If anyone has any advice or any luck, please let me know!

Thanks

Sula

London, United...
8. Re: Booked and paid for flight but no plane!

If you have Facebook then you can also obtain more (in Spanish) from this:

https:/…225398644260989

London, England
9. Re: Booked and paid for flight but no plane!

Sula B

I presume you haven't paid with CC otherwise you would have claimed on that. Having read some of the comments on FB I get the impression that nobody wants to accept responsibility and anybody who has been slightly involved is passing the buck.

What a way to carry on.

London, United...
reviews: 11
10. Re: Booked and paid for flight but no plane!

Afraid not, stupid as it sounds now I paid bank transfer as their systems were down (lesson learned!!) I have emailed and called repeatedly but nothing. My travel insurance would look at covering it but only if I have an official cancellation note from Hispania, which I don't have. If anyone has one or has a way of getting one, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the Facebook link

Sula