We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to arrive for Alhambra morning visit

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kagoshima, Japan
reviews: 2
Best time to arrive for Alhambra morning visit

We will visit Alhambra on the morning of January 4th,and are wondering what time slot to buy for the main Nasrid palace visit.

Does 11am sound ok? If we arrive about 10am,can we spend that time looking around on the walk to the palace?

Thanks,

David Vick

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Best time to arrive for Alhambra morning visit

You can wander the gardens until your time to visit the Palace

www.granadainfo.com/alhambra

Edited: 12:07 am, November 14, 2012
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia
reviews: 2,419
2. Re: Best time to arrive for Alhambra morning visit

david:

11 am is a good time. Since this is in the morning time slot, you can see the Generalife Gardens before going to the Nazari Palace. Also beside the Nazari Palace is the Carlos V Palace with two free museums there.

Kagoshima, Japan
3. Re: Best time to arrive for Alhambra morning visit

Thanks for info,I will reserve tickets for that time.

David

Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Best time to arrive for Alhambra morning visit

I've booked a ticket for Alhambra (a bono turistico pass) and my time slot for Nasrid Palace is 9.30 am. What time will be best for me to start the tour?

And another question, I bought bono turistico pass yesterday (23 December), but I'll arrive at Granada on 26 December. Can I get the pass on that day?

Thank you

Washington DC...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Best time to arrive for Alhambra morning visit

I had a 10.30am pass but came at 8.30 to see the gardens and the rest. Early morning before the hoards come is the best time to visit as I could here the birds and see the sun hitting the buildings. I felt like I was back in Moorish times. I was able to get into the palaces a half hour early which was great since by 11am it was wall to walk people.

Toronto, Canada
6. Re: Best time to arrive for Alhambra morning visit

To avoid the crowds and reading the earlier posts, is it not better to reserve a morning ticket, with a 9am entrance to the Nazari palace then?

Kagoshima, Japan
7. Re: Best time to arrive for Alhambra morning visit

Thanks everyone for advice,we visited Alhambra on January 4th and entered the Nazari Palace at 11 am,the queue was short taking about ten minutes to enter.

Fantastic tiles and I took LOTS of photos,wherever you pointed the camera you got a good picture! Took a taxi up and a nice slow walk down.

We got tickets on the net and really EASILY printed out our tickets the day before at the friendly Alhambra shop/information office near the plaza nueva.

west sussex
reviews: 3
8. Re: Best time to arrive for Alhambra morning visit

David, you got your tickets on-line, which site did you use?

I was thinking of going late afternoon (night time visit to the palace) but after seeing posts here, general advice is to go early.

I was quite suprised that how busy it seems at this time of year, thought it would be a little quieter.

We are going the week after Easter so expect it to be much busier so just looking to buy our tickets now.

Washington DC...
reviews: 6
9. Re: Best time to arrive for Alhambra morning visit

The official Alhambra ticket website is

ticketmaster.es/nav/…index.html

Kagoshima, Japan
10. Re: Best time to arrive for Alhambra morning visit

Yes me too fom Ticketmaster.I think Alhambra is always a bit crowded though on January 4th at 11 am it wasn't, Mostly a large Chinese tour group.

I'm sure Summer is VERY crowded,AND tiring for most people!