We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alhambra tickets for children above 12

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dallas
reviews: 24
Alhambra tickets for children above 12

At the on-line purchase: can our child (he is 13 years old) gets a ticket for "Ninos de 12-15A" in the promotions box?

Thanks!

London, United...
reviews: 189
1. Re: Alhambra tickets for children above 12

Yes !

(in case the entry people are pernickety best to take proof of age like passport

Edited: 1:51 pm, March 07, 2012
dallas
2. Re: Alhambra tickets for children above 12

Cadiz_Lover, Thanks!

I have just checked the on-line ticket sale for June 21, all 10:00, 10:30 are sold out??? I thought the tickets are not available untill 90 days ahead. Now I have the options between 9:30am or 11:30am.

If we arrive the justice gate by 8:00ish, do you think 9:30am to the palace more suits us? Please advise

London, United...
reviews: 189
3. Re: Alhambra tickets for children above 12

For me 0930 slot upto 1000 is OK. This visit is mid summer so bright early and if you want to walk up from Plaza Nueva having already got your tickets in hand then before going to the Nasrid entrance you could look around the Alcazaba fortress for some nice views of the city. It's close so good to get to Alcazaba first for example 0830. Have a great trip to one of my favourite cities.

dallas
4. Re: Alhambra tickets for children above 12

Thanks again! You are wonderful!

dallas
5. Re: Alhambra tickets for children above 12

Just brought the tickets for 9:30am, it is very easy! Thanks again!

Shanghai, China
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 192
6. Re: Alhambra tickets for children above 12

JoJo,

I also thought that it was 90 days in advance. Fortunately, I checked yesterday for our dates (1 wk after you) and they were already available online. That's more than 100 days, so perhaps Servicaixa and the Alhambra have extended the availability date.

For the afternoon Nasrid Palace visit, almost all the 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm slots were sold! I wanted 4 pm so it worked out fine for us. I'm taking my 13yo son too. Have a wonderful visit!

And I agree with you: Cadiz_lover truly is wonderful!

Portsmouth, United...
7. Re: Alhambra tickets for children above 12

Let me share my experience of child concession tickets with you. It might influence your purchasing decision. Yesterday (24/07/2012) I visited the Alhambra Palace. I had previously paid TicketMaster for 2 adult and 2 child tickets. TicketMaster add a 1.30 euro/ticket mark-up which is fair enough. I was chuffed to get any sort of concession for my two 14 year girls and a saving of 5 euros each on the adult ticket price was nice. We proceeded to the entrance pavilion to pick up our tickets, by-passing the long queue of punters waiting to buy tickets, at least that's what I presume they were doing. There is a small building there, next to the gift shop, with lots of ticket machines and no queues. I inserted my credit card (the one I used when buying the ticket) into a machine and it printed me four tickets. Fantastic!

Now here's the problem. The concession tickets are printed without a bar-code on them. I presume this is the case for any concession. I didn't realise the significance of the bar-code at the time (it is read at every entry point including the Nasrid Palace) but the official on the entrance gate wouldn't let us in and told me what I needed to do. Unfortunately I don't speak Spanish and although he repeated himself four times I was none the wiser. However I'm not stupid and after talking with the armed guard at the head of the ticket queue, who also only spoke Spanish but was able to gesticulate in a way I could understand, I figured that I needed to get the concession tickets authorised by joining the back of the ticket queue and waiting my turn. The time was 18:00 and my timed entry was 18:30 and the queue wasn't too long. I had to wait 20 minutes for my turn. I imagine the wait time would be much longer at peak times.

Here's the next problem. To authorise the tickets I was asked for the girls' passports which I didn't have (the passports not the girls). I beckoned the girls over and luckily they look younger than 15 and the cashier was happy with that, only rolling her eyes to the heavens once.

I have re-read the official Alhambra web-site and the TicketMaster web-site and I can't find any mention of queuing for concession ticket authorisation. If I had I may well have bought four adult tickets, picked them up at the machines and walked straight in. Avoiding a long wait in 32 degrees of heat is worth 10 euros of anybody's money in my opinion.

Gorizia, Italy
reviews: 71
8. Re: Alhambra tickets for children above 12

SafariWolf,

your story is highly educational, as I have an 8 year old and planning to buy the tickets through TicketMaster.

Walk me through it, please:

- I buy the tickets at TicketMaster and print them off

- on a day when I visit Alhambra, I make sure I have the credit card and the passport of the child

- walk over to the building next to the gift shop, insert the credit card and print the tickets

- IF the child's ticket has no bar-code, I have go to the buying-the-ticket queue with the child's passport and wait to have the child's ticket confirmed

- and then head over to the entrance queue?

So, basically, the printed off tickets won't do? I have to do this "credit-card-in-the-machine-hopefully-all-with-bar-code" routine?

If the child's ticket *has* the bar-code, then I can go straight to the entrance queue? But it is fair to presume that it probably won't have the bar-code, right?

2.) If I, say, buy online the tickets for the 8:30 entrance - when do I actually have to be at Alhambra in order to get all this done? Would 7:50 be enough?

3.) Where do I park the car - it has to be somewhere very near to the 'building next to the gift shop', I presume.... I haven't looked at map yet so please orientate me.

4.) I presume that taking photographs inside the Alhambra grounds is permitted?

Also, can you bring in bottles of water?

5.) THANK YOU for all the help!

Edited: 4:46 am, July 28, 2012
Gorizia, Italy
reviews: 71
9. Re: Alhambra tickets for children above 12

Forgot to say: I presume this no bar-code issue is relevant for the discounted tickets? (as your title says "for children above 12")

As my child is 8, she has a free entrance, but I assume there will be a ticket for her, too?

Portsmouth, United...
10. Re: Alhambra tickets for children above 12

EllyL,

Every one of your walk through statements is true. You have correctly understood my ramblings.

Your child should be free entry I believe and I reckon you will be issued with a ticket with no bar-code which needs to be authorised. You can understand the authorities wanting to check that an adult isn't trying to gain entry with a child ticket but come on, the guy on the entrance gate of the grounds could just use some common sense and see with his eyes that the child is under 8 in your case, but apparently not. When getting my tickets authorised I was asked for my 14 year olds' passports which I didn't have on me. Luckily the cashier used her discretion when I paraded the girls in front of her.

Point 2) Hmm. I don't know how long the queue would be at 08:00. However if I had an 08:30 timed entry to the Nasrid Palace, I would say 07:50 was early enough to arrive. You need to allow 10 mins or so to walk from the entrance to the Nasrid Palace anyway. If the queue was long and the clock was close to say 08:20, I would just go straight to the front and "plea" with whoever to let me bunk in. Might work. Would help if you could converse in Spanish.

Point 3). Car park GPS co-ords: 37.171739,-3.580685 and just follow the crowds down. Easy.

Point 4). Yes click away. No flash in the Nasrid Palace though. I would say it is essential to bring bottles of water. There are water fountains in the grounds where you can replenish empty bottles. There are also places to buy drinks.