We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to Alhambra

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint-Saturnin-les-A...
reviews: 151
Hotel close to Alhambra

We are looking to stop one night (a Saturday) late October and want a comfortable hotel, say 3 star or more near Alhambra - any recommendations welcome

Northampton, MA
reviews: 31
1. Re: Hotel close to Alhambra

Alixares, across the street from the Alhambra. I prefer to stay downtown though.

Granada, Spain
reviews: 215
2. Re: Hotel close to Alhambra

like most other hotels like the" Alhambra palace hotel" or "hotel Puerta de las Granadas" or "Alcubilla del Caracol". A very cheap hotel is the Maciá real de la Alhambra.

Good trip, enjoy the city of Granada

Lake Vinuela...
reviews: 22
3. Re: Hotel close to Alhambra

Not as cheap as some suggestions, but right in the Alhambra grounds, is the lovely Hotel America.

More in the city centre the Hotel Abadia is charming.

Edited: 1:00 pm, October 13, 2010
Oswestry, United...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Hotel close to Alhambra

I will not suggest accommodation, but there is little life near the Alhambra at evening or night time. Stay down town near the cathedral perhaps.

Houston
reviews: 4
5. Re: Hotel close to Alhambra

We stayed at the Alhambra Palace; greatly enjoyed this hotel. A 15 minute walk from the front entrance of the hotel to the Alhambra ticket plaza. We had rooms that overlooked Granada and the snow tipped mountains. From my room I could see Plaza Nuevo & the cathedral. We were only there for 3 nights, but never had to wait for a taxi down to the old town. Would stay there again.

Granada, Spain
reviews: 215
6. Re: Hotel close to Alhambra

The hotel Puerta de las Granadas is halfway entity the cathedral (350 m) and Alhambra (250) Plaza Nueva is only 100 m. You'll find tapas bars and restaurants.

Ridgefield, New...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Hotel close to Alhambra

Hi Todge,

We stayed at hotel Puerta de las Granadas last year and absolutely loved it. It is literally about a 30 second walk to the main square (Plaza Nueva) and about a 2 minute walk to the best tapas I had "Bodegas Castañedas". You can either walk a steep hill to the Alhambra from the hotel (same street) or walk about 3-5 minutes to the bus stop and catch the bus on the way up. Then, if you feel like a stroll, you can walk down to the hotel no problem. Enjoy, it is a fantastic city. Granada and Sevilla were the highlights of our trip.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 12
8. Re: Hotel close to Alhambra

We've stayed in two hotels near the Alhambra.

Years ago we spent several days at the three star Hotel Guadalupe, located across the street from the Alhambra parking lot. It was adequate in every way, with comfortable rooms and beds, and a very good restaurant.

This past September we spent two nights at the 4 star Hotel Alhambra Palace, which is a short walk from the Alhambra. The lobby and common rooms are decorated in elaborate Moorish style. The rooms are on the small side, but are very comfortable and have balconies that overlook either the city or the Alhambra itself.

I'd stay at either of these hotels again.

There are two hotels actually on the Alhambra grounds. The Parador of Granada, 4 star and expensive, and the Hotel America, 3 star and less expensive. I haven't stayed in either, so I can't recommend them, but they're as close as you can possible get!

9. Re: Hotel close to Alhambra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 30, 2011