We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice RE up-to-date prices.

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lytham St Anne's...
reviews: 9
Advice RE up-to-date prices.

Hi there,

I wondered if you could help me. My wife, our two best friends and I are coming over to Torremolinos in summer and are wanting to know up to date prices (averages) for say a bottle of wine, a pint of local spanish beer, a main course, a starter, a gin and tonic, a cocktail and the prices in the supermarkets.

Also does anybody know the price on sunbeds/entrance to the Playa Miguel Beach Club at Carihuela?

Also any recommendations for nice spanish tapas restaurants/bars, nice tavernas etc. also are there any places to eat on the seafront? It's our first time in Torremolinos so any advice would be great!

Thank you in advance :-)

5 replies to this topic
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
1. Re: Advice RE up-to-date prices.

Whereabouts are you staying? (Torremolinos is a linear town so there's not much point in recommending places that are miles away)

As for prices, to be honest this depends entirely upon where you are eating and drinking, but to give you a rough idea you'll get a 2-course Menu del Día in many places for around €12.

There are hundreds of places to eat along the seafront (it's 8km long), plenty of restaurants on the paseo and chiringuitos on the beach. Seafood, especially pescaito frito and sardinas grilled over charcoal, are the local speciality, but you'll find everything else as well.

G & T is wildly fashionable in Andalucía at the moment, as a result many places have special G & T menus (including Playa Miguel) featuring all sorts of speciality gins and unusual tonics. A rough price guide is approx. €6 for what would be a triple in the UK including the tonic, a half litre (short pint) of draught San Mig in the chiringuitos is usually around €2.50.

G & T menu:

www.playamiguel.es/descargas/GinTonic.pdf

I'm not sure how much the standard sunbeds are at Playa Miguel, probably €8 a pair but less if you're eating/drinking. The Bali beds used to be €35 per day including two cocktails / spirits and mixers, they might be more this season. Nearby El Horno Beach now has Bali beds too.

playamiguel.es/paginasingles/bc/beachclub.htm

There are hundreds of places that do tapas (the majority of visitors to Torremolinos are Spanish), again knowing where you are staying would be helpful.

Edited: 1:29 pm, May 10, 2014
grimsby lincs
reviews: 42
2. Re: Advice RE up-to-date prices.

I was in El Horno and Playa Miguel last week and cocktails were 6/8 euros depends on the mix. My wine was a tad more expensive in El Horno compared to Playa Miguel but tasted a tad better.My downside to Playa Miguel is the appearance of a chap I assume is Miguels son which seems to throw the whole place into panic with what I personally perceived to be nit picking, I have taken a dislike to this person as I believe he suffers from what I call Little Man syndrome and uses his power to act big, when he arrives I repair to El Horno.

Tyne & Wear
reviews: 1
3. Re: Advice RE up-to-date prices.

Can I clarify the cost of the basic beds at Playa Miguel. Is it 8 euro per pair or per bed? I'm sure we paid about 14 euro for 2 beds last year. This was in July though. Thanks

grimsby lincs
reviews: 42
4. Re: Advice RE up-to-date prices.

the standard price of normal sunbeds is 10 euros for 2 beds and parasol up from 9 euros last year but I have not used them at Playa Miguel

Tyne & Wear
reviews: 1
5. Re: Advice RE up-to-date prices.

Thanks. Think i'm mistaken bout last year. Going for 3 weeks in july so thats a saving :))

Reply to: Advice RE up-to-date prices.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos