We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marconfort griego hotel

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
reviews: 19
marconfort griego hotel

Does anyone know how far this hotel is from the nearest train station and what the name of it is please

16 replies to this topic
Woking, United...
reviews: 17
1. Re: marconfort griego hotel

Hi there

It's only about 5 minutes walk away from Torremolinos Station - here is the map!! Hotel is marked A (pin) and the Station is marked with a blue square and the train icon: http://goo.gl/maps/mhLXn

Edited: 5:15 am, January 26, 2014
glasgow
reviews: 25
2. Re: marconfort griego hotel

Hi av been looking at this hotel for the end ov june. As ive never been to the costa del sol b4 could sum1, plz give me info on the location plz . Just how long would it take to walk to the beach and also to the main nightlife aswell plz .

We dont mind a 15 - 20 minute walk but wouldnt really want to be much further

Thanks

Lincoln, England...
reviews: 1
3. Re: marconfort griego hotel

5 mins from torre train station , 20 mins to the beach ,good walk plenty of shops and cafes ,lift back up from beach area , brilliant place for holiday

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 39
4. Re: marconfort griego hotel

C'monthetoon,

We first went to Torremolinos back in Oct 2011 using the Marconfort Griego. We didn't know what to expect from the resort and didn't do much research before going, we imagined this resort being a little bit like Benidorm but smaller because of it's appeal back in the 80s, how wrong we were. When we arrived I don't think we were very keen on it but as the days went by, we found we really liked Torremolinos, it had more of a Spanish vibe to it than perhaps we expected. The Marconfort Griego is a good value for money 3* and we found the food excellent considering the price we paid, better than a few 4* places we have been to before and since, maybe even marginally better than it's sister hotel overlooking the beach.

After we came home we decided to go back again in October 2012 using the aforementioned Marconfort Beach Club as it was across the road from the beach.

There are plenty bars and restaurants in Torre, you pass through San Miguel square going to the beach and there's a lot of steps leading down to it but as someone above posted, there's a lift a little way down some of the steps to use if preferred (50c everytime you use it) The train station is just a short walk down the road and it's superb for getting to Malaga, Benalmadena and Fuengirola. Since those two holidays we've went back to the Costa del Sol again for a long weekend in Benalmadena, we just used the train from the airport to get there, only a few stops between resorts. Torre and Benal have now became one/two of our favourite destinations, enjoy!

Edited: 10:12 am, February 10, 2014
glasgow
5. Re: marconfort griego hotel

Cheers jambonian ,

Think am going to book it tomorrow am hust hoping the price dosnt jump until then .

I think we will just get a taxi to the hotel from the airport and use the train and visit a couple ov other resorts close by if its easy to use.

I seen some1 mentioned on the forum that you could walk along the promanade into benalmedina . Could you tell me roughly how long it would take plz ?

Cheers

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 39
6. Re: marconfort griego hotel

I suppose it depends on what part of the promenade you come out on. If you use the lift down to the beach it's about half the way from the furthest end of Torre (towards Los Alamos in the direction of Malaga) then walk along to the right, you'll come into La Carihuela first then onto Benalmadena, maybe half an hour from La Carihuela, we usually just jump on the train to get anywhere, it's cheap, clean, reliable and quick and from one end starting at Malaga to where it stops (Fuengirola) takes roughly about 30 mins with the resort stops in between. Benalmadena's marina is one of the best we've ever been to anywhere, some good shops and top restaurants. Torremolinos has some nice tapas bars as well as international restaurants. Torre is a working town as opposed to just a "resort" designed for holidaymakers so plenty shops etc in the town centre, just down the road from the Griego.

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 29
7. Re: marconfort griego hotel

If your stopping at the Grigo Mar the following buses go to Benalmadena, the 110, 112, 120, 121, 123, 124 and 126, your 5 minutes from the bus stop, bus come every 10 minutes.

I would get the train from the airport runs every 20 minutes and costs 1.75 each and your 5 minutes walk away for someone like me whom is nearly 70, quicker if younger.

Your surrounded in a 360 degree circle by some of the best tapas bars in the area, I can count 30 I would love to be in within a 10 minute walk.

The train runs only malaga to Fuengirola you need the bus for other journeys. With a bus card cost 1.80 you can travel to either malaga or Fuengirola for 1.05, dearer on the train. card can be used my every member in the party.

glasgow
8. Re: marconfort griego hotel

Thank you for the replies it will defo help me when we get there.

Thats it booked now and am looking forward to it no doubt i,ll hav a few more Q,s before we go .

Thanks again.

Ashington, United...
reviews: 2
9. Re: marconfort griego hotel

Hi does anyone know if Ineed to take beach towels or can I hire them?

Ashington, United...
reviews: 2
10. Re: marconfort griego hotel

Has anyone been in the family room? There are 3 adults & 2 kids in our group.......Have I made a mistake should I have booked 2 rooms or is it ok????

Reply to: marconfort griego hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted