We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to costa Luca Lago

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
reviews: 7
Train to costa Luca Lago

I am flying to Malaga tomorrow morning and was going to try the train. Is the walk from the train stop to Costa Luca Lago hotel an easy one? If its all up hill I would rather get a taxi!

Thanks

Pompey
reviews: 16
1. Re: Train to costa Luca Lago

Get off at La Colina and its about 10-15 minutes walk on the flat / slightly downhill, obviously going back it is slightly uphill.

Glasgow
reviews: 1
2. Re: Train to costa Luca Lago

I'm arriving at Malaga Airport around 10:20 a.m on 21 September. Our Return Flight leaves at 10:55 a.m. on 28 September.

Can anyone confirm the train times for a Saturday that would accommodate this and the cost of the journey?

Sorry to hijack your post dj05 :-)

Edited: 10:52 am, September 13, 2013
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
3. Re: Train to costa Luca Lago

The train times during the day don't vary at weekends.

Trains from the airport towards Torremolinos and Fuengirola at 02, 22 and 42 mins past the hour, trains from La Colina towards the airport and Málaga at 06, 26 and 46 mins past the hour. Journey time 7 minutes, fare €1.70.

Edited: 11:23 am, September 13, 2013
Glasgow
4. Re: Train to costa Luca Lago

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

Can you advise whether there are normally taxis available outside La Colina station to take us to our Hotel? Staying at Rui Costa Lago and don't fancy walking there with cases.

Can you also give a rough idea of what the taxi fare would be from the Airport to the Hotel?

Thanks,

Broxi

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 58
5. Re: Train to costa Luca Lago

There isnt a rank at La Colina or Loa Alamos stations. Taxi around 17 to 20€. Always plenty waiting at the airport.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 42
6. Re: Train to costa Luca Lago

There is a rank 50 metres from Los Álamos station outside the supermarket. Head away from the sea and you can't miss it. It is primarily there to serve the Hospital.

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 58
7. Re: Train to costa Luca Lago

Cant recall seeing taxis waiting there Manzana, however we use the station infrequently, so wont argue.

ireland
reviews: 7
8. Re: Train to costa Luca Lago

There were no taxis at la colina. We found the train to be very easy and then only ashore walk to the hotel

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 42
9. Re: Train to costa Luca Lago

I assure that it is rare for there to be no taxi there. Plenty of business from the Hospital and they are usually short journeys so if there is no taxi wait for just a few minutes and all should be well.i use the station almost daily!

I would however agree with dj05 that you are probably better off at la Colina, at least it is downhill.

Glasgow
10. Re: Train to costa Luca Lago

Thanks for the advise guys.

Unfortunately, my wife deciided against taking the train and has gone and booked a private transfer. Not a bad deal though, under £30 for return trip to/from hotel with resort hoppa.

Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos