We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hairdryers!

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LEICS
reviews: 14
Hairdryers!

Hi everyone, going to the Sol Don Pablo in Torremolinos on Tuesday...does anybody know whether there are hairdryers in the bathrooms and the most important thing...are they any good?!

I look forward to your replies. Thanks in advance.

Liverpool
reviews: 1
1. Re: Hairdryers!

I know they have them in the pedro my wife thinks they are too small but you can

hire one at reception for 20 euros refundable on return. Hope this helps.

LEICS
2. Re: Hairdryers!

Thanks Jimbo, I'll bear that in mind. Cheers!

Torremolinos, Spain
3. Re: Hairdryers!

Hire one for €20? You may as well buy a cheap one from one of the Chino shops and then leave it there or if you have room pack it and bring it back with you!!

CB

LEICS
4. Re: Hairdryers!

Thanks CB, I suppose if you hire one and get your money back at the end of the week, it's worth it, depending on how powerful they are. I hired one from the Venus in Benidorm last year, and to be honest, it wasn't very good. Think I might end up taking my own, I was only trying to save a bit of weight in the case!!

Torremolinos, Spain
5. Re: Hairdryers!

Yeh for sure, with the meany weight limits can understand how precious every little nook n cranny can be :) I just thought €20 for a hire of one for the week was excessive, would you even get your money back as it's a hire and not a deposit? Or do you get your money back, don't know :s

Have a great time though :)

CB

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 24
6. Re: Hairdryers!

AS Easyjet is reducing the size of hand luggage by 30% starting July, (they are going to put hand luggage meeting the old size in the hold f.o.c.)

Noticed Jet2 on our recent return were offering f.o.c. hold for hand luggage that on visual inspection looked to large, if you turned the offer down, it was weighted and measured and you were charged if did not meet the stated terms. Amazed people refused the hold when obvious the item too large, and then had to pay 40+ euro's, when it could have been free.

Easyjet/Jet2 finding that they dont have enough overhead locker space, especially if people abuse the system and this is causing turn round delays.

UK/Benalmadena
7. Re: Hairdryers!

I travel easyjet regularly and only ever have hand luggage. I think a lot of people refuse the hold as they have valuables in their hand luggage. I permanently have locks on my small case and keep a couple of plastic carrier bags in there, for the odd occasion I've been asked (usually because I'm last on), and then I transfer anything I feel I need to keep with me, into the carrier bags and lock my case.

LEICS
8. Re: Hairdryers!

Hi CB, when I hired one at the Venus in Benidorm, there was no problem getting money back, signed it back in, money back, sorted! Actually, don't know why I'm bothering tho...the hot weather does nothing for your hair, always ends up frizzy and curling up where it shouldn't!! Cheers for replies.

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 24
9. Re: Hairdryers!

Alin: Just check the new size of cabin luggage, unless you could find it in the hold. In cube is 33% smaller then the current size.

The penny now dropping for airlines that not enough locker space, especially as they have put hold luggage rates up to deter usage, but now too much luggage in the cabin which is causing delays on turn round a major issue for the airlines. The MD of |Jet2 has identified this as being the next huge issue for the airline.

The solution is to reduce the size of cabin Luggage, Easyjet the first of many I am sure to take this course of action.

UK/Benalmadena
10. Re: Hairdryers!

Yes Ian, I'm within the new sized cabin baggage (50 x 40 x 20) and always have been. I don't need to take much. BUT, if you are one of the last on, they often run out of room in the cabin, which is why I always take the precaution of locks and carrier bags - it saves a lot of hassle.

Edited: 11:21 am, June 16, 2013