We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dia del Pescaito is late this year....13th June

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
Dia del Pescaito is late this year....13th June

As is the way of these things, for some unfathomable reason the Ayuntamiento has decided to break with tradition (without informing everyone in advance of course) and this year's Dia del Pescaito will not be until 13th June.

Otherwise everything as normal: a ton of free pescaito, lots of very cheap beers, 25,000 people, La Carihuela (village not the whole barrio), 13:00 - 17:00.

Disfruta!

Torremolinos, Spain
1. Re: Dia del Pescaito is late this year....13th June

When i asked in the Tourist Info Centre and the Chiringuito's, they were all of the opinion that it was the 2nd Thursday in June (or nearest to) which would make it 13th this year...

An amazing day and as you say, attended by thousands and all that free fish and cana's (don't have squiggly symbol sorry) ... no wonder it's so well attended year after year, it's such a good fun Spanish day, and hardly a Guiri in sight ;-)

CB

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 30
2. Re: Dia del Pescaito is late this year....13th June

CB: Strangely all our Spanish friends wonder why us Guiri want to attend, they all make plans to be as far away as possible.

Having tried it once, never again.

With the amazing success of the second Ruta, bar owners are I am sure to put there marketing weight behind this project.

Amazed that to ensure accuracy the local police from this Monday collecting in all the passports, an incredible 10,000 were finally issued.

were in bars with over 100 people ordering the Ruta tapas in one session, speaking to owners I know, totally overwhelmed with the response of the public to this years event, certainly the quality of the food and the creativity was light years ahead of last years.

belfast
reviews: 22
3. Re: Dia del Pescaito is late this year....13th June

That's great news nsg. We arrive in Torremolinos on Wednesday 12th and have never been there for this day before. I imagine the atmosphere must be fantastic, I look forward to it.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
4. Re: Dia del Pescaito is late this year....13th June

Guiris no, catetos si.

Whoops! We're not supposed to say such things.

Angie, Dia del Pescaito is good fun as long as you decide not to queue up for the pescaitos and beer, just go with the flow.

The village can get extraordinarily crowded (especially around Casa Juan) and even the paseo can get a bit messy but hey, get in there and enjoy yourselves!

I have never waited for a free caña or an espeto in many years of Pescaito, but also have never been worried by anything other than friendship.

If you like a good beach-party then El Horno Beach is the place to be...after about 3pm, their Pescaito-parties are always classic.

5. Re: Dia del Pescaito is late this year....13th June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos