We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torremolinos-question re:transfers/ATM machine/things 2 do?

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford, United...
reviews: 1
Torremolinos-question re:transfers/ATM machine/things 2 do?

Hi all!

What a friendly place this is! I'm shortly going on a 3 nighter to the Riu Costa Lago. Arrive mid morning-fly back early pm. Any idea on the cost of a cab? Quite happy to pay for this (if not too dear) as only have hand luggage & want it to be stress free! Or...is the train a reccomendation???

Any ideas on a few hours out-1/2 day trips out, Malaga, Mijas, local markets, etc? Will be primarily chilling out but don't want to spend all the time at the hotel! Is Gibralter a doable trip? Or Mijas? Also....is there an ATM near the Lago? Thanks in advance!

Also....any genuine TAPAS bars nearby (that are not too dear?)? Although we are all inclusive we always eat out too.

Chris & Nat.

Edited: 8:24 am, April 04, 2013
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 53
1. Re: Torremolinos-question re:transfers/ATM machine/things 2 do?

If you've only got hand luggage I'd get the train, cheap, clean and regular. As you're only there for a short visit I'd forget Gibraltar, a half day to Mijas is doable by bus and you can get the train into Malaga City and spend half a day there. In fact a day in Malaga City would be a great way to spend your time.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
2. Re: Torremolinos-question re:transfers/ATM machine/things 2 do?

Getting a cab from the airport may peeve you - it'll be €18 due to the various airport minimum charges and you'll be in it minutes, get the train to La Colina station (6 mins) and the Costa Lago is an easy flat walk from there. The trains start running early in the mornings (except Sunday) so a train back should be fine too. Also you can use the train to get into Málaga city easily, and also to Fuengirola the other way - get a bus from Fuengirola to Mijas Pueblo.

There are ATMs and some good tapas places nearby if you walk along towards Torre Town (not along the seafront). Some great chiringuitos nearby too if you want to chill out on the beach with a drink and some fresh food.

Bradford, United...
3. Re: Torremolinos-question re:transfers/ATM machine/things 2 do?

Sorry...what are chiringuitos??? Thanks for the tip re: train-will have a google for the times! Mijas sounds nice-may well try that. Any markets worth attending? Again....thans for taking the time to help!

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 58
4. Re: Torremolinos-question re:transfers/ATM machine/things 2 do?

Chiringuitos are bars/cafes on the beach, lots of them along the paseo. NSG will recommend much better than I can! You could also get to Mijas by bus from Torremolinos bus station, whatever it is well worth a visit.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
reviews: 38
5. Re: Torremolinos-question re:transfers/ATM machine/things 2 do?

The local commuter train is called "Cercanias". you will find the timetable here...

renfe.com/EN/…index.html

Bradford, United...
6. Re: Torremolinos-question re:transfers/ATM machine/things 2 do?

Again-thanks so much-my G/F was ill last year-literally the day before our last planned short break-so its so important to her-want to make it right. Thanks again. Any personal reccomendations from locals/ex-pats for tapas bars-say for a lunch?

Harrow, United...
reviews: 154
7. Re: Torremolinos-question re:transfers/ATM machine/things 2 do?

Chris - we're going for 4 nights in mid April and, like you, we're really interested in good, authentic tapas. This is a recommendation I got: tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187440-…

If you go before 18 April I'd be interested in your review. D

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
8. Re: Torremolinos-question re:transfers/ATM machine/things 2 do?

Dave, Chris (and everyone else) for tapas you can start by looking at the places in this thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187440-i353-k54…

...and also on the facebook page Ruta de la Tapa Torremolinos, the comments (and pictures) will give you some idea of the vast variety available.

Also if you use the search facility at the top of this Forum there have been lots of threads (and arguments of course!) regarding the best places for tapas. You have some excellent places along that way, plus some great experiences up in town too.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
9. Re: Torremolinos-question re:transfers/ATM machine/things 2 do?

Sorry Dave, I meant to say La Vina de Ale is absolutely fantastic (it won a national newspaper award last year for innovation and quality in tapas). It's in Montemar-Bajo though, so a bit of a schlep from the Costa Lago but nothing a walk along the paseo with a variety of stops along the way cannot solve.

Chris, trains from the airport are at 02, 22 and 42 mins past the hour, the station is just across from the main Arrivals exit, you cannot miss it. Luggage-friendly with escalators and lifts. La Colina station is fine luggage-wise too (flat / ramps).

Bradford, United...
10. Re: Torremolinos-question re:transfers/ATM machine/things 2 do?

Davethewasp-will be home on 16/4 early afternoon-will post then (or pm me your e-mail?)-again THANKS SO MUCH for the help-you guys/gals are fab!

Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos