We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfers.

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 30
Private transfers.

Hi. Two of us arriving Torremolinos in four weeks time, looking to book private transfer for Malaga Airport to Torremolinos, Hotel Don Pedro.

Good price coming up from Suntransfers. Has anyone used this company or can give us any word of how good their service is.

Thanks, Bob.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 53
1. Re: Private transfers.

If you look at the top questions in the panel on the right of this thread you will see a link to a thread on Transport from the Airport. An alternative to the transfer would be a taxi from the airport - reasonably priced and lots of taxis outside the arrivals hall so no problem getting one. Or, you could get the train to Torremolinos.

Travel Republic is another company that does transfers that quite a few people on here recommend.

grimsby lincs
reviews: 42
2. Re: Private transfers.

not used a private transfer but my taxi to carihuela 10 days ago at 20 euros was a bargain and he appeared grateful for the tip I gave him as if he wasn't expecting one

denver,pa.
reviews: 6
3. Re: Private transfers.

hi; considering same trip; can u give me cost and taxi company when u get info; thanks, ladster

Aberdeen, United...
4. Re: Private transfers.

Hi, ladster.

The company I was asking about is www.suntransfers.com

Their price for pickup and return was £35.86 / $54.21 /41.70 euro. Currency fluctuation will no doubt change this.

That is in line with the taxi fare mentioned in the earlier post, but benifits from the meet and greet facility plus the included hotel pickup for the return to the airport.

This is not a recommendation for them as I have not used them yet and was only asking for other people's experience of the company.

Bob

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
5. Re: Private transfers.

Rank taxi to Don Pedro will be around 15 euro's so 30 euro's return, your paying 20+ euros and more walking as the rank is outside T3.

The carihuela area is the other side of Torremolinos and even their is only 40 euros return.

For Don Pedro to me you are being robbed if charged 54 euro's.

There are always plenty of taxis at the airport even mid summer.

scotland
reviews: 117
6. Re: Private transfers.

I'd take the train to Torremolins and then a taxi down to Don or even a short walk from the station http://goo.gl/maps/0eMS7

Aberdeen, United...
7. Re: Private transfers.

Hi folks, thanks for the replies. 3 points to consider.

1) My question was? Has anyone used, or have any experience of this company which they could pass on regarding their performance. Any answers would be appreciated !

2) I am looking for a direct transfer from the aiport to the hotel and return, for the meet and greet convenience of the door to door transfers. While cost is a consideration, I am happy to pay a little bit extra for that.

3) Ian, take another look at my reply to ladster's post. Where I showed quoted prices the value of ( $54.21) was the cost in Dollars, not Euros . The Euro cost was 41.70, which was very much in line with the cost quoted for the one way trip to the airport from the Don Paquito hotel, on a previous trip.

Looking forward to comments.

Bob

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 6
8. Re: Private transfers.

hi ouldbob

the taxi's are 10 a penny on the rank we used to book transfers but now just walkout to the rank.heading to torremolinos in three weeks and thats our plan

ps

have used suntransfers before with no problems

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
9. Re: Private transfers.

€42 return to the Dons from the airport is expensive - a rank cab will charge about €20 from the airport and you'll get a cab back for about €15 (no airport surcharge).

Torremolinos, Spain
10. Re: Private transfers.

As the OP says, they are not fussed about the extra cost, they just want the personal "hold card up" and personal service that a private transfer company offers - and why not :) Don't expect a stretch limo for that price though haha ;-)

CB

Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos