We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI hotels

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow
reviews: 15
AI hotels

I am booking cheap flights to Malaga for an unplanned and therefore unbudgeted holiday. We don't normally go AI preferring to eat out locally but looking at prices for an apartment we are as well going for a cheap AI deal. We will be travelling on 6th May for 5 nights. Would prefer a hotel with Spanish food and also snackbar as we don't really eat breakfast, preferring to have something around 11. We will probably eat out a couple of nights or lunchtimes if there are better deals and like the sound of La Carihuela so would prefer somewhere near that end of town and would also like close to beach. Any suggestions on which hotel would be best for us and any other advice as we have never been to Torremolinos before.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
1. Re: AI hotels

AI is strictly controlled in Torremolinos in order to preserve our local economy, so there are very few hotels that do it - the ones that appear on the main holiday company websites are the only ones.

Off the top of my head: Griego Mar (up in Town), the TBC (at beach level, but a long way out of town), the Cervantes (up in Town) do AI. None of the hotels near La Carihuela do, they know everyone will be eating out in the vast selection of restaurants - many of them don't even do anything more than breakfast foodwise.

glasgow
2. Re: AI hotels

The other ones I have had AI quotes for are Puente Real, Parasol Garden, Royal Costa, Flamingo and Royal Al-Andalus.

Edited: 9:32 am, February 23, 2013
glasgow
3. Re: AI hotels

and Hotel Natali was the other one.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
4. Re: AI hotels

The Al-Andalus is fine, and handy(ish) for La Carihuela beach, Natali a no-no, the Puente Real is the other half of the TBC, the Royal Costa is in Los Álamos village, it's quite a way from teh beach but very handy for the trains.

I know nothing whatsoever about the Parasol Garden...maybe it's yet another name-change! The ROC Flamingo is up in Town (near the Griego Mar).

Ireland
reviews: 29
5. Re: AI hotels

Sol principe, Belaplaya

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 58
6. Re: AI hotels

Anniee,

With restaurants and Chiringuitos in Cariheula offering great food at good prices, perhaps you should consider an apartment or BandB, there are several options along the coast.

glasgow
7. Re: AI hotels

Thanks everyone. Iam now considering an apartment or just booking a hotel on a room only basis as we do prefer to eat out. I really want to be on the beach, would prefer to walk to La Carihuela but if I had to get the bus that would be okay.

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
reviews: 29
8. Re: AI hotels

Hi!

I would heartily recommend the Hotel Cabello. It's a small place, no evening meal offered, but it's clean, reasonably priced, and A/C is included in the room rate. Breakfast is a coffee and a toasted baguette with butter and jam (or olive oil and tomato paste), and it's very tasty.

It's one minute from the beach and very close to all the bars and restaurants in La Carihuela.

Colin

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
9. Re: AI hotels

I would do the math.

Eating out here can be very cheap, specially for what you get.

Arroyo de la Miel...
reviews: 58
10. Re: AI hotels

NSG, its a good job AI is tightly controlled, there are 11 mentioned in this thread!!! what would it be like with looser controls?

Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos