We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Puerta Banus

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 9
Bus to Puerta Banus

Is there a bus from Torre to Puerta Banus, or is it necessary to change at the bus terminal in Marbella?

Are there any buses from the bus terminal in Marbella to PB?

Reason I ask is that in November we walked from Marbella to PB, but wanted to get a bus back. We ended up on one that went through Marbella town and then on to a retail outlet. We then had to get another bus from there, back to the bus terminal. I'm hoping not to have to repeat this in the reverse direction.

I just wondered whether it's possible to get off the bus from Torre at the bus terminal in Marbella and onto a bus to PB (or better still, one all the way from Torre to PB).

Torremolinos, Spain
1. Re: Bus to Puerta Banus

Hi there

No bus to PB from Torre.

Bus from Torre to Marbella here:

http://www.ctmam.es/lineas/M-320

the bus from Marbs to PB here:

Daily

08.45, 09.30, 10.15, 11.00, 12.00, 12.45, 13.30, 14.15, 15.00, 15.45, 16.30, 17.15, 18.00, 19.00, 19.45, 20.30, 21.15, 22.00

Daily (Summer)

8.15, 09.10, 10.10, 10.30, 11.30, 12.30, 13.30, 14.30, 15.30, 16.30, 17.30, 18.30, 19.45, 20,45, 21,45, 22.45

CB

England
2. Re: Bus to Puerta Banus

Thanks Cheekybadger.

Does the bus go from the bus termianl in Marbella?

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 23
3. Re: Bus to Puerta Banus

Certainly the L1 and L4 local bus's from marbella bus station only go to the shopping centre on the outskirts of P.B.

I think the one CB has listed for PB only goes like the local bus's to the hipercor.

The only bus's I know are the L1 and the L4, but there may be others.

cork city
reviews: 2
4. Re: Bus to Puerta Banus

Hello, HM1, We went to PB this route in 2012, (1) We got the train from Torre to Fuengirola, Takes twenty minutes as opposed to one hour by bus. (2) Come out of the train station at Fuengirola, Go to the bus station which is only a five minute walk and purchase your tickets to Marbella, Bus takes one hour and leave every half hour, (3) When you arrive in Marbella you will get off at a regular main street bus stop , The driver will shout Marbella centro , Ask the driver to tell you if this is also the stop for the PB bus as I am fairly sure it is , If not then it is the stop above it, Those buses seem regular enough., If you are interested in hiring bikes and cycling to PB and back to get your bus let me know, Thats what we did last week,.

England
5. Re: Bus to Puerta Banus

Thanks for the info guys.

It's easier for us to get the bus from Torre from where we will be staying.

So it seems that we will walk down the hill and get an L1 bus from Marbella Centro.

Seems strange that they don't have linking buses from their main bus depot? Ah well.

Cheshire
reviews: 28
6. Re: Bus to Puerta Banus

Apologies for joining in but can you still get those bus cards (tarjetas) loaded with a few Euro that are a quick an easy way to pay? Also cheaper I recall?

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
7. Re: Bus to Puerta Banus

There is a bus card that is available for bus's on the malaga to Torremolinos, Benalamdena, Fuengirola and relevant routes from these places.

Costs 1.80 and you load with as many euro's as you like, purchase in Benalmadena, cost on most routes with the card is 96 cents, full price 1.55.

card not available further west then Fuengirola, i.e. Marbella

Cheshire
reviews: 28
8. Re: Bus to Puerta Banus

Thanks, with apologies for delay in acknowledging. Having found the card just now it does say Area de Malaga on it.

I'll look on the internet first for my next bus question !!

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
9. Re: Bus to Puerta Banus

HappyH: Dont worry about asking questions thats what were here, we possibly dont know the answer anyway.

10. Re: Bus to Puerta Banus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos