We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toms tavern

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
grimsby lincs
reviews: 58
toms tavern

I hear that the owners are returning to uk and may be sold and mick Kelly is no longer there .

Glasgow, United...
21. Re: toms tavern

owner of toms tavern is at least going home a success as his bar is still; busiest in area but they want to retire! they are always warm friendly and will be sorely missed by us and a lot of other customers ! we have used the bar for 14 yrs and it is the most friendliest bar in area you go in knowing nobody and within half hour your talking to everyone . dave n jean if your reading this dont leave us everyone will miss u both xxx

Midlands
reviews: 1
22. Re: toms tavern

So true..x

Huntly, United...
reviews: 19
23. Re: toms tavern

I am a regular poster on various TA forums and have often commented on one of my pet hates which is the lack of interaction when visiting a bar for the first time.

The initial response from the bar person will determine whether I make a return visit and so many times I've hardly been acknowledged.

Anybody who engages in even a bit of conversation will get my trade.

Midlands
reviews: 1
24. Re: toms tavern

Its the things that cost the bar owner & staff 'nothing' that counts a lot :-))

Huntly, United...
reviews: 19
25. Re: toms tavern

As an example I first discovered Bar Chapo beside the Sol Don Hoteles in Torremolinos a few years ago and having received a welcome and chat from Derek the owner I have returned several times, most recently last July with my son where we spent 9 consecutive nights there.

This is a long established bar and I can see why. Derek and Toni are welcoming hosts and know how to run a bar.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 61
26. Re: toms tavern

How sad that Tom's is changing hands, hopefully the new owners will maintain the strict no tv, no games, just conversation, inclusive of old friends and new.

A word to NSG and CB - Toms was never a Benidorm style entertainment bar, that was the attraction! Anybody who liked Tom's will avoid the Brit happy clappy.

Good luck Dave and Jean, and to Mike and Lori too.

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 29
27. Re: toms tavern

joxxer: If you can add no music to your list, this bar sound like heaven.

Have to say would not wish to be introduced to the other people there, small point taking the plus's into account.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 61
28. Re: toms tavern

Ian: I forgot - absolutely no music! Yes Heaven.

As I could be one of the many respectable customers I am sure you would be made very welcome and would enjoy intelligent conversation with all the other visitors. Why would you not wish to meet them?

I have to say that these are the people the Spanish economy needs, they spend happily in hotels, supermarkets, shops, restaurants and bars, if places like Tom's ceased to exist their options for holidays would certainly be Turkey and Portugal (and hopefully Ireland where they would be very welcome!)

Torremolinos, Spain
29. Re: toms tavern

Joxxer, i know it wasn't, i used to live just up from there :)

Having said that, the attitude from some (whether it was a customer or staff) that posted on here recently would send any prospective customer running for the mountains !!!

CB

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 29
30. Re: toms tavern

joxxer. Maybe not fair but find when I visit a British bar the conversation is about the weather or very British subjects. Headlines in the english papers, exchange rates, football etc., all the things i want to get away from.

i want to know the best places to eat, drink, places to visit, with respect rather get this from a local, rather then an ex pat, who may have a very limited agenda. On the Carihuela a lot of visitors from inland Spain, they are more knowledgable about their towns, then even the great T A site. All this knowledge is filed away for a future trips. I find a lot of British bar owners have a very limited knowledge of basic things like bus numbers.

More importantly I want to try and learn the language and find out from the Spanish, Germans, Dutch etc what issues are important to them and how they view us english.