We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheers bar

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
stockport, cheshire
reviews: 15
cheers bar

does anyone know whats happening with cheers bar la carihuela? iv heard its closing down? we normally go september time to eat there. any info anyone? thanks

stockport, cheshire
1. Re: cheers bar

thats a shame, they did really well there. do you know why its closed?

Derby, United...
reviews: 3
2. Re: cheers bar

I'm sorry, I'll probably get told off for this, but the four posts above are pure comedy gold.

Talk about dead pan, Malagogo!!

Bravo!! :-)

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
3. Re: cheers bar

They did badly there.

Wrong place, at the wrong time, paid the wrong money for it and then went for the wrong customers. A shame but also a lesson for others who think it's easy.

Hayley married an Argentine, and went off to a country with its own currency, I hope she's doing fine! (I'd be shocked if she wasn't).

stockport, cheshire
4. Re: cheers bar

really? it was always busy when we went in, tables mostly always full. is that the reason they closed? lack of business?

sorry confused by the- married an argentine post?? are you talking about jackie the owner?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
5. Re: cheers bar

No, Jacqui and Wessel now live up in the campo somewhere.

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
reviews: 24
6. Re: cheers bar

Undergoing a refit when I passed on Sunday, some one very brave, very little passing traffic. Even the Euro bar and the other end of the parade quiter then usual, large number of footflow on the two walk ways up to the main road.

Happy days now converted into a house, how did they manage to get rid of the smell of cigs!

stockport, cheshire
7. Re: cheers bar

honestly, last september when we went it was so busy that we had to have a little table put out on the path. this is why i was shocked to hear it had closed. unless they just got lucky that month? is la carihuela slowly losing custom or just the cheers area?

btw whats the campo? :)

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
8. Re: cheers bar

Just returned after 4 weeks, would say carihuela as busy if not busier then in previous years. Because of the Spanish financial situation, money is very tight, the offer in Spanish places has to be priced accordingly. Even El Horno doing a 99 cents offer for a small beer. People seemed to be going out later and for a shorter period, we normally go out about 9pm, but it could be quiet until 10.30pm before places filled up. (El Horno opening night started at 11.30pm I think they judged it about right)

Think a lot of english knowadays self catering or half board, (no A I in Carihuela), we walked through the montemar area nearly every days at assorted time and even on easter saturday was deserted, however, virtually every beach bar and fish restuarant as we turned round and walked back were packed to the rafters on the same easter saturday.

Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
9. Re: cheers bar

Because after my recent health problems needed to get out and exercise every day. Walked from the carihuela to the marina and back twice daily taking different routes.

Very noticeble that the Spanish owners cleaning, polishing, painting, replacing furniture, a lot putting in new toilet systems, or some other operation at 9am in the morning. At my late night walk at 2am cleaning down or some ongoing operation. In the 3 weeks upto good friday the staff of Antonio jamie beach bar stripped the place and never stopped getting it ready, showing what needs to be done even in a place this size

The majority of english bars seemed to do nothing until opening time and then just closed.

Spanish places look fresh inviting and ready for the new season, the british places looked tired and drab and the same as they have for the last 10 years.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
10. Re: cheers bar

I totally agree Ian, this is why much of the far end of Montemar-Bajo has become shabby and uninviting. Still, as each lazy bar-owner goes bust they get replaced with hard-working Spaniards, so it's changing for the better! Some great new places opened along from the Pez towards Montemar.

Happy Days has turned into a house because sadly Phil died earlier this year and yes, the smell of the cigs was part of the cause.