We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VDT (Visit & Daily Tours) Tour Company

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central NJ
reviews: 60
VDT (Visit & Daily Tours) Tour Company

In Nov. 2011 I went with 6 friends to Spain (using Sun Holiday Tours, with which we were very impressed). VDT was the tour company Sun used for all 8 of our tours -- possibly having no choice, possibly (Heaven forbid!) they are the best of the lot. There are not enough negative words in the English language to express our displeasure with VDT.

First, they pick up at MANY hotels. We had one tour with at least 16 stops, one with 18. They would do so much better if they had vans picking customers up from a few spots and driving to a central location instead of wasting hours of time.

Their tour groups are excessively large, too, making it sometimes difficult to hear what the guide is saying, having a clear shot at a picture, or keeping up with the crowd. Most of our tours had about 50 people, with Seville having 52 and needing explanantions in two languages.

The guides are not customer friendly or always knowledgable: in Marbella we were told there were no public restrooms available, although we had used one (right where we were) a few days earlier. And in Ronda the guide lost people because he wouldn't wait for anyone to put on a raincoat when it started raining.

The absolute worst was Tangier where we started at 6:20 AM, ended over 14 hours later, and were in Tangier barely over 3 hours during which we had a superficial bus tour of the city, had a photo op of the Casbah, saw a snake charmer (tips expected) and otherwise were forced to endure two sales-pitch stops. We also had a mediocre lunch, crammed in like sardines, with exceptionally overpriced water or Coke.

I'd rather visit another country than be forced to take any more tours from VDT.

Nerja, Spain
reviews: 40
1. Re: VDT (Visit & Daily Tours) Tour Company

As regulars on this forum frequently say - it is far better to book tours from a local travel agent than with your tour company.

I know that this is no help when the tours are included in your package however.

Several years ago we took a trip to Gibraltar that included stops at every lamp post - took 4 hours to get there each way and we had 4 hours there. This so put us off going again. Anyway, we recently saw an ad for a local charity trip and decided to give it a go - we didn´t stop anywhere and did the journey in just over 2 hours having nearly 7 hours on teh Rock.

Do come back to Spain and book some excursions locally - all agents will tell you how many stops they have before you book. Unfortunately, the Tangier trip in general is a long day with many organised buying and tipping opportunities but some operators such as Costafrica tours are better than others!

Edited: 9:56 am, November 29, 2011
2. Re: VDT (Visit & Daily Tours) Tour Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, December 15, 2011
Co. Kildare
reviews: 6
3. Re: VDT (Visit & Daily Tours) Tour Company

Southspainole this is self promotion and not within the rules of the forum.

You could possibly get away with this if it was a new post and you gave the OP some good general advice, which we would expect you should be able to and if you also added links to competitors.

Many people who run businesses post advice on these forums but do not do it exclusively relating to their business.

Marbella, Spain
reviews: 10
4. Re: VDT (Visit & Daily Tours) Tour Company

Thanks for the help! Will keep your advice in mind on future posts.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
reviews: 4
5. Re: VDT (Visit & Daily Tours) Tour Company

As Campolady said, the main thing with any tours is to ASK before you book - the pickup/setdown thing can be a nightmare.

Costafrica (in Torrie Town) are good, as is Aguirre Travel in La Carihuela - both will tell you exactly what is going on if you ask them (they are agents rather than direct suppliers, and both have been here for over 20 years, which always says something).

I'm sure there are other good operators too, but from direct personal experience, family experience, and generally chatting to visitors of many nationalities, I'd start with Costafrica or José Aguirre.

Bludenz, Austria
6. Re: VDT (Visit & Daily Tours) Tour Company

VDT este o mare pacaleala! am apelat la serviciile acestei firme de 2 ori...odata pentru a vizita Tanger si respectiv Ronda...in Maroc am fost alergati pe niste stradute fara a avea posibilitatea de a cumpara o apa minerala , esti invitat sa vizitezi sau sa cumperi numai din magazinele partenere unde preturile sunt de 10 ori mai mari decat in bazar! Pretul excursiei in Maroc include si o masa la un restaurant cu specific local. aici puteti degusta mizeria din bucataria marocana. Excursia a durat 15 ore, mai precis ne.am imbarcat in autobuz in jurul orei 7 si am ajuns inapoi la ora 21.40..excursia in sine a durat 4ore, restul il petreceti pe drum! .totul la un pret de 73 € de persoana! In Ronda aceasi poveste! La la intoarcere esti invitat sa ma cotizezi cu ceva maruntis, bani pe care trebuie lasati intr.un cosulet la coborarea din autocar...sfatul meu este sa inchiriati o masina care costa in jur de 40€ pe zi si pentru un dispozitiv gps mai platiti in jur de 6€! acesta este varianta pt care am optat pentru a putea vizita minunata Andaluzie !

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
7. Re: VDT (Visit & Daily Tours) Tour Company

I'm not sure too many of our visitors understand Romanian!

Toronto
8. Re: VDT (Visit & Daily Tours) Tour Company

Does Aguirre Travel have a web site?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
9. Re: VDT (Visit & Daily Tours) Tour Company

No, but I'm sure they'll answer any questions you have if you email them:

aguirretravel@gmail.com

London, UK
reviews: 57
10. Re: VDT (Visit & Daily Tours) Tour Company

Here's Aschenbrenner's contribution courtesy of Google Translate...

"VDT is a great scam! We used this company 2 times ... once to visit Tangier in Morocco and that Ronda ... I was run on some streets without being able to buy a soda, you are invited to visit or buy only the partner stores where prices are 10 times higher than the bazaar! Morocco travel price includes a meal at a local restaurant. here you can taste the dirt in Moroccan cuisine. The trip took 15 hours ie ne.am boarded the bus at around 7 and arrived back at 21.40 .. trip itself lasted 4 hours, you spend the rest of the way! . all at a price of 73 € per person! In Ronda same story! When you invited me to return with some pennies aside, money that should be left intr.un basket in getting the bus ... my advice is to rent a car that cost around 40 € per day and for GPS units paid about 6 €! This is the version for which we opted to visit beautiful Andalucia!"

I think we can safely say it was a similar experience to the OP.

Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos