We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earthquake

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tamworth, United...
reviews: 8
Earthquake

Anyone know whether there's been earthquake activity or aftershocks in or around Torremolinos after the Lorca quake?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
reviews: 4
1. Re: Earthquake

Some people state to have felt it (not certainly me in Malaga city, near Torremolinos).

In any case there hasn't been any damage in Andalucía (maybe minor in the Almería province nearest end to Murcia), everything seems to be limited to Lorca and surrounding areas.

Anyway it is worth noting that while the southeastern part of Spain is a prone to earthquakes region, these events are very rare.

Nerja, Spain
2. Re: Earthquake

What a tragic event! My thoughts & sympathy go to all those affected.

england
reviews: 3
3. Re: Earthquake

was reading about it in paper on way to work,my thoughts and prayers go to those there.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
reviews: 2
4. Re: Earthquake

Dont believe anyone that far away could have felt it... Benidorm is only 120 kms away from it and they never felt anything. Torremolinos is about 500 kms from it so very doubtful. Very sad all the same.

Cardiff, United...
5. Re: Earthquake

did they feel the quake in costa del sol,dose any1 know as my family have just gone over there and aint had any contact.

London, United...
6. Re: Earthquake

my partner is in benidorm right now didnt feel anything but will he be ok to fly from alicante tommrow? dose anybody no if anything else is expected?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid
reviews: 2,230
7. Re: Earthquake

I felt the quake at 6:50 pm. I was reading on my couch and felt the shock and saw my curtains and window shutter moving around. I had lived in San Jose,California, before coming to Malaga and when I came here I thought I had left earthquakes behind. But no.

The San Francisco earthquake of 1989 will always live in my mind. At that time I thought that we would all die.

I had visited Lorca two years ago and it was a lovely town with the large castle looking down into the town. I believe that one of the castle towers fell down. I feel sorry for all the people of Lorca and hope they can come out of this disaster. It is obvious that they have to revisit their building standards to make their buildings earthquake proof, following California's example.

8. Re: Earthquake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos