We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for family of mixed ages in Torremolinos

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington D.C.
reviews: 33
Advice for family of mixed ages in Torremolinos

Hello! My family and I (mom in her sixties, my 20 month old son and my husband and I in our early 30's) will be returning to Torremolinos after not visiting in 16 years! At that time, we stayed in what is now the Melia. I've seen mixed reviews on the hotel and the area seems to have changed quite a bit. I'd like to know if anyone has any advice on hotels (we're looking at the Melia or Isabel) and whether we should go back to Torremolinos or try a surrounding area instead. We are planning a 2 day stop in early May. Also, What are the chances we'll have nice weather? Thanks!!

Lake Vinuela...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Advice for family of mixed ages in Torremolinos

Early May weather is generally lovely but cannot be guaranteed. You should have long sunny days with temperatures in the high 60s to mid 70s - on average there are 4 wet days in the whole of May.

Of the 2 hotels you mention the Melia would be our choice but you won't find many other children there. Another good choice, and belonging to the same hotel group, is the Sol Don Marco or Don Pablo just a little further along the promenade. Have a look at the groups website so you can compare the individual hotels - www,solmelia.com

Obviously the area has changed in the last 16 years but Torremolinos is still a great place to visit and the hotels mentioned are all right on the seafront. To reach the town you have to ascend a long flight of steps but, if walking is a problem, thee is an elevator near the Melia that takes you right up or down for a fare of 50 cents.

Hope this helps.

Washington D.C.
reviews: 33
2. Re: Advice for family of mixed ages in Torremolinos

Thank you very much. Any other suggestions would be welcome!!

3. Re: Advice for family of mixed ages in Torremolinos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos