We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taking liquid back to UK

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blackpool, United...
reviews: 1
taking liquid back to UK

Just realised that I normally take a liqiud medicine, which I buy much cheaper in Spain, back to Uk, on a fairly regular basis.

I've had a stock pile but am running out and am not sure what Malaga airport rules and regs are. It's in a properly branded 100mls bottle in a similar cardboard box.

Can anyone help, given the oh so many new EU rules?

Regards

Anne

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
reviews: 11
11. Re: taking liquid back to UK

The rules are the same in Malaga than in any other Spanish airport (or EU airport for that matter)

Just returned from a weekend in Malaga and I forgot to take the plastic bag from my carry on. They make me to open and show it

Said that, as I'm moving around european airports at least twice a month, I do have a "hard" transparent plastic bag for my moisturizer, toothpaste, etc. I tend to forget to show it, some times I get stopped as lat Sunday, others not. I guess it depends on what they detect. But as a general rule everywhere they are very strict and I've seen quiet a few bottles confiscated

A large number of bottles of the same substance will raise questions for sure. It certainly will be easier to transport them in the check in luggage. I do usually don't check in, but for instance last trip I did, as I wanted to bring back home a few bottles of wine (not the stuff you can get at the airport, so there was no other option)

nottinghamshire
reviews: 25
12. Re: taking liquid back to UK

we came back from Malaga yesterday and if anything they were stricter than normal,although the airport was very quiet.Shoes off,belt off,watch off and even had to empty jeans pockets of everything,even tissues.Never had to remove watch&empty pockets before.Maybe because it was quiet the security staff were bored!

13. Re: taking liquid back to UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos